that Senate Bill 331 be amended to read as follows:
Page 2, after line 14, begin a new paragraph and insert:
IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE
AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY
1, 2000]: Sec. 1.5. (a) As used in this section, "qualified individual"
means an individual who:
(1) is a resident of Indiana;
(2) has served in the armed forces of the United States; and
(3) has more than a ten percent (10%) service connected disability as evidenced by:
(A) records of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs; or
(B) disability retirement benefits awarded to the individual under laws administered by the United States Department of Defense.
(b) A qualified individual is entitled to hunting and fishing licenses under this section without charge.
(c) Each year a qualified individual may obtain:
(A) a resident yearly license to fish; and
(B) a resident yearly license to hunt; or
(2) a resident yearly license to hunt and fish;
(d) An applicant for a no-charge license under this section must do the following:
(1) Request the license from:
(A) the department;
(B) an agent appointed by the director under IC 14-22-11-3 ; or
(C) the clerk of the circuit court who is an authorized
representative of the department under
the county in which the individual resides.
(2) Present evidence that the applicant is a qualified individual.".
(Reference is made to Senate Bill 331 printed January 26, 2000)