I move that Engrossed Senate Bill 110 be amended to read as follows:
Page 3, after line 31 , begin a new paragraph and insert:
SECTION 3. IC 12-7-2-28.4 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE]: Sec. 28.4.
care center", for purposes of IC 12-17.2, means a nonresidential
building where at least seventeen (17) children receive one (1) child
receives child care from a provider:
(1) while unattended by a parent, legal guardian, or custodian;
(2) for regular compensation; and
(3) for more than four (4) hours but less than twenty-four (24) hours in each of ten (10) consecutive days per year, excluding intervening Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
(b) The term includes a building where child care is provided to
less than seventeen (17) children if the provider has applied for a
license under IC 12-17.2-4 and meets the requirements under
SOURCE: IC 12-7-2-33.7; (01)HB1062.2.2. --> SECTION 4. IC 12-7-2-33.7 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE]: Sec. 33.7. (a) As used in this chapter, "class I child care home" means a child care home that serves any combination of full-time and part-time children, not to exceed at any one (1) time twelve (12) children plus three (3) children during the school year only who are enrolled in at least grade 1. Except as provided in subsection (c), the addition of three (3) school age children may not occur during a break in the school year that exceeds four (4) weeks.
(b) A child:
for a license to operate a class II child care home under this chapter,
a person must do the following:
(1) Provide all child care services on the first story of the child care home unless the class II child care home meets the exceptions to the first story requirements contained in the Indiana building code adopted by the fire prevention and building safety commission in effect at the time the class II child care home provider applies for licensure.
(2) Provide a smoke detection system that is:
(A) hard wired to the building's electrical system; and
(B) wired in a manner that activates all of the detector devices in the building when one (1) detector device is activated.
(3) Provide a fire extinguisher in each room that is used to provide child care services.
(4) Meet the exit requirements for an E-3 building occupancy classification under the Indiana building code adopted by the fire prevention and building safety commission in effect at the time the class II child care home provider applies for licensure.
(5) Provide a minimum of thirty-five (35) square feet for each child.
(6) Conduct fire drills required under article 37 of the Indiana fire prevention code adopted by the fire prevention and building safety commission in effect at the time the class II child care home provider applies for licensure.
(7) Reside in the child care home.
(8) (7) Apply for a license before July 1, 1996, or after June
(9) (8) Comply with rules adopted by the division of family and
children for class II child care homes.
(b) To qualify for a license to operate a class II child care home under this chapter, a person, before applying for the license, must have:
(1) a class I child care home license; or
(2) at least one (1) year of experience as a caregiver in a child care home or child care center.
SOURCE: ; (01)HB1062.2.4. --> SECTION 6. [EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE] The amendments made by this act to IC 12-7-2-33.7 do not apply to a person who was issued a license for a class I child care home before July 1, 2001.
SECTION 7. An emergency is declared for this act.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to ESB 110 as printed April 3, 2001.)