I move that House Bill 1007 be amended to read as follows:
Page 1, between the enacting clause and line 1, begin a new
paragraph and insert:
"SECTION 1. IC 9-21-5-2 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2001]: Sec. 2. Except when a special hazard exists that requires lower speed for compliance with section 1 of this chapter, the slower speed limit specified in this section or established as authorized by section 3 of this chapter is the maximum lawful speed. A person may not drive a vehicle on a highway at a speed in excess of the following maximum limits:
(1) Thirty (30) miles per hour in an urban district.
(2) With the permission of the Indiana department of transportation,
Fifty-five (55) sixty (60) miles per hour, except
as provided in subdivisions (1), (3), and (4).
(3) With the approval of the Indiana department of transportation,
Sixty-five (65) seventy (70) miles per hour on
a highway on the national system of interstate and defense
highways located outside of an urbanized area (as defined in 23
U.S.C. 101) with a population of at least fifty thousand (50,000),
except as provided in subdivision (4).
(4) Sixty (60) miles per hour for a vehicle (other than a bus) having a declared gross weight greater than twenty-six thousand (26,000) pounds on a highway on the national system of interstate and defense highways located outside an urbanized area (as defined in 23 U.S.C. 101) with a population of at least fifty thousand (50,000).
(5) Fifteen (15) miles per hour in an alley."
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.