Citations Affected: IC 25-1; IC 25-21.5; noncode.
Synopsis: Professional occupations. Allows distance learning methods
to account for 50% of continuing education requirements for all
professions, except doctors, nurses, and dentists. Authorizes the
executive director of the Indiana professional licensing agency to
review appeals of denials of the renewal of certain professional and
occupational licenses. Authorizes a person to file an appeal with the
executive director of the professional licensing agency if the person's
license renewal is denied by a board for which the professional
licensing agency performs administrative functions, duties, and
responsibilities. Provides that the board of land surveyors must include
three members who are engaged in the practice of land surveying on a
full-time basis and at least two members who are engaged in the
practice of land surveying on a part-time basis. Voids an administrative
rule that establishes continuing education requirements for registered
Effective: Upon passage; July 1, 2001.
January 17, 2001, read first time and referred to Committee on Rules and Legislative
February 20, 2001, amended, reported _ Do Pass.
February 26, 2001, read second time, amended, ordered engrossed.
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning
professions and occupations.
administrative functions, duties, and responsibilities assigned by law
or rule to the executive director, secretary, or other statutory
administrator of the following:
(1) Indiana board of accountancy (IC 25-2.1-2-1).
(2) Board of registration for architects and landscape architects (IC 25-4-1-2).
(3) Indiana auctioneer commission (IC 25-6.1-2-1).
(4) State board of barber examiners (IC 25-7-5-1).
(5) State boxing commission (IC 25-9-1).
(6) State board of cosmetology examiners (IC 25-8-3-1).
(7) State board of funeral and cemetery service (IC 25-15-9).
(8) State board of registration for professional engineers (IC 25-31-1-3).
(9) Indiana plumbing commission (IC 25-28.5-1-3).
(10) Indiana real estate commission (IC 25-34.1).
(11) Until July 1, 1996, Indiana State board of television and
radio service examiners (IC 25-36-1-4).
(12) (11) Real estate appraiser licensure and certification board
(13) (12) Private detectives licensing board (IC 25-30-1-5.1).
(14) (13) State board of registration for land surveyors
(b) Except for appeals of denials of license renewals to the executive director authorized by section 5.5 of this chapter, nothing in this chapter may be construed to give the licensing agency policy making authority, which remains with each board.
engage in the practice of land surveying and who each meet the
(1) Is a citizen of the United States.
(2) Has been a resident of Indiana for at least five (5) years immediately before the member's appointment.
(3) Is registered in Indiana as a land surveyor.
(4) Has been engaged in the lawful practice of land surveying for at least eight (8) years.
(5) Has been in charge of land surveying work or land surveying teaching for at least five (5) years.
(d) Of the registered land surveyors appointed under subsection (c), three (3) must be engaged in the practice of land surveying on a full-time basis, and at least two (2) must be engaged in the practice of land surveying on a part-time basis.