Synopsis: Rehabilitation service contracts. Requires the rehabilitation services bureau of the
division of disability, aging, and rehabilitative services, when contracting for job development,
placement, or retention services, to contract with an organization or individual accredited by an
independent national accreditation organization. (This conference committee report delete the
language concerning exotic animals and requires that a person be accredited by an independent
national accreditation organization to provide contract services for the rehabilitation services
Effective: July 1, 2003.
Your Conference Committee appointed to confer with a like committee from the Senate upon Engrossed Senate Amendments to Engrossed House Bill No. 1511 respectfully reports that said two committees have conferred and agreed as follows to wit:
that the House recede from its dissent from all Senate amendments and that
the House now concur in all Senate amendments to the bill and that the bill
be further amended as follows:
Delete the title and insert the following:
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning human services.
Delete everything after the enacting clause and insert the following:
are accredited by one (1) of the following organizations:
(1) The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), or its successor.
(2) The Council on Quality and Leadership in Supports for People with Disabilities, or its successor.
(3) The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), or its successor.
(4) The National Commission on Quality Assurance, or its successor.
(5) An independent national accreditation organization approved by the secretary.
(Reference is to EHB 1511 as printed April 3, 2001.)
Representative Herrell Senator Wheeler
Representative Friend Senator Lewis
House Conferees Senate Conferees