Your Committee on Education , to which was referred House Bill 1216 , has had
the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the House with the
recommendation that said bill be amended as follows:
Delete everything after the enacting clause and insert the following:
SOURCE: IC 20-10.2-3-5; (01)AM121602.1. -->
SECTION 1. IC 20-10.2-3-5, AS ADDED BY P.L.221-1999,
SECTION 13, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2001]: Sec. 5.
(a) A plan must contain the
following components for the school:
(1) A list of the statutes and rules that the school wishes to have
suspended from operation for the school.
(2) A description of the curriculum and information concerning
the location of a copy of the curriculum that is available for
inspection by members of the public.
(3) A description and name of the assessments that will be used
in the school in addition to ISTEP assessments.
(4) A plan to be submitted to the governing body and made
available to all interested members of the public in an easily
(5) A provision to maximize parental participation in the school.
(6) For a secondary school, a provision to do the following:
(A) Offer courses that allow all students to become eligible to
receive an academic honors diploma.
(B) Encourage all students to earn an academic honors
diploma or complete the Core 40 curriculum.
(7) A provision to maintain a safe and disciplined learning
environment for students and teachers, including the integration
of good citizenship instruction (as defined in IC 20-10.1-4-4.5)
into current curriculum instruction.
(8) A provision for the coordination of technology initiatives and
ongoing professional development activities.
(b) If, for a purpose other than a plan under this chapter, a school
has developed materials that are substantially similar to a component
listed in subsection (a), the school may substitute those materials for
the component listed in subsection (a).
(Reference is to HB 1216 as introduced.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass.
AM121602/DI 97 2001