Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Indiana:
SECTION 1. IC 12-12-1-4 IS AMENDED TO READ AS
FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2003]: Sec. 4. (a) The bureau may
do the following:
(1) Establish vocational rehabilitation centers separately or in conjunction with community rehabilitation centers.
(2) Contract with governmental units and other public or private organizations to provide any of the vocational rehabilitation services permitted or required by this article, IC 12-8-1-11, IC 12-9-6, and IC 12-11-6.
(3) Provide or contract for the provision of other services that are consistent with the purposes of this article, IC 12-8-1-11, IC 12-9-6, and IC 12-11-6.
(b) When entering into contracts for job development, placement, or retention services, the bureau shall contract with governmental units and other public or private organizations or individuals that are accredited by one (1) of the following organizations:
(1) The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), or its successor.
(2) The Council on Quality and Leadership in Supports for People with Disabilities, or its successor.
(3) The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare
Organizations (JCAHO), or its successor.
(4) The National Commission on Quality Assurance, or its successor.
(5) An independent national accreditation organization approved by the secretary.