Citations Affected: IC 12-17.2-6-16.
Synopsis: Child care ministries and step ahead councils. Provides that
a child care ministry that receives a child care development voucher
may only be required by a local step ahead council to meet six
minimum child care standards.
Effective: July 1, 2001.
January 8, 2001, read first time and referred to Committee on Health and Provider
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning
IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA
CODE AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2001]: Sec. 16. A local step ahead council
may require a child care ministry that receives a child care
development fund voucher to meet only the following minimum
child care standards:
(1) Complete a criminal background check on all employees.
(2) Have at least one (1) working smoke detector on each floor of the child care site.
(3) Have annual intradermal tuberculosis testing for all employees.
(4) Have a written emergency plan for notifying parents in case of an illness, a death, or an emergency, and post an evacuation plan at the child care site.
(5) Require employees to:
(A) be certified in infant or child cardiopulmonary resuscitation annually; and
(B) complete first aid training every three (3) years.
(6) Have one (1) working telephone at each child care site.