HB 2147-3_ Filed 04/05/2001, 10:44
that House Bill 2147 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 2, line 37; (01)MO214703.2. -->
Page 2, delete lines 37 through 42, begin a new paragraph and
insert: (e) The board, after considering the written comments and
responses, as well as testimony at the public hearing described in
subsection (c), shall direct the department on whether additional
" (c) In the seventh year after the effective date of a rule or an
amendment to a rule described in subsection (a), the department
shall publish a notice in the Indiana Register. The notice may
contain a list of several rules that have been effective for seven (7)
years. A separate notice must be published for each board with
rulemaking authority. A notice under this subsection must provide
for the following:
(1) A written comment period of at least thirty (30) days.
(2) A request for comments on specific rules that should be
reviewed through the regular rulemaking process under
(3) A notice of public hearing before the appropriate board.
(d) The department shall:
(1) prepare responses to all comments received during the
comment period; and
(2) provide all comments and responses to the board during
the public board hearing;
described in subsection (c).
rulemaking actions must be initiated to address concerns raised to
Page 3, delete line 1.
(Reference is to EHB 2147 as printed March 30, 2001.)
MO214703/DI 87 2001