AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning human services.
SECTION 1. IC 12-17.2-3.1-2, AS ADDED BY P.L.211-1999,
SECTION 3, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2001]: Sec. 2. The terms of the members expire November 1,
SECTION 2. IC 12-17.2-3.1-11, AS ADDED BY P.L.211-1999, SECTION 3, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2001]: Sec. 11. The board shall study the laws governing the regulation of child care and make recommendations to the general assembly concerning changes in the law the board finds are appropriate. Before November 1 of each year, the board shall submit a written report to the legislative council that identifies the board's recommendations and discusses the status of the board's continuing program of study. The board's program of study under this section must include a study of the following topics:
(1) The need for changes in the scope and degree of child care regulation established by statute or rule, or both.
(2) The need to reorganize governmental units involved in the regulation of child care facilities to promote effective and efficient child care regulation, including the form that a needed reorganization should take.
(3) A method for the completion of a statewide needs assessment to determine the availability and projected need for safe and
affordable child care.
(4) The need for programs to meet the needs of Indiana residents if the board determines that safe and affordable child care facilities are not available and easily accessible to Indiana residents.
(5) The effect of pending and enacted federal legislation on child care in Indiana and the need for statutory changes to qualify for federal child care grants and to comply with federal child care requirements.
(6) The immunization rates at licensed child care centers to determine if children at the centers have received age appropriate immunizations.
SECTION 3. IC 12-17.2-3.1-12, AS ADDED BY P.L.211-1999, SECTION 3, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2001]: Sec. 12. This chapter expires November 1,