AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning criminal law and procedure.
IS AMENDED TO READ AS
FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2001]: Sec. 17. (a) "Law
enforcement officer" means:
(1) a police officer, sheriff, constable, marshal, or prosecuting attorney;
(2) a deputy of any of those persons;
(3) an investigator for a prosecuting attorney;
(4) a conservation officer; or
(5) an enforcement officer of the alcoholic beverage commission.
(b) "Federal enforcement officer" means any of the following:
(1) A Federal Bureau of Investigation special agent.
(2) A United States Marshals Service marshal or deputy.
(3) A United States Secret Service special agent.
(4) A United States Fish and Wildlife Service special agent.
(5) A United States Drug Enforcement Agency agent.
(6) A Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms agent.
(7) A United States Forest Service law enforcement officer.
(8) A United States Department of Defense police officer or criminal investigator.
(9) A United States Customs Service agent.
(10) A United States Postal Service investigator.
(11) A National Park Service law enforcement commissioned
(12) A United States Immigration and Naturalization Service special agent.
(13) An individual who is:
(A) an employee of a federal agency; and
(B) authorized to make arrests and carry a firearm in the performance of the individual's official duties.