_______________________, read first time and referred to Committee on
A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION urging the establishment of an
interim study committee on alcohol server training.
Whereas, The responsible serving of alcohol has become an
important issue to the citizens of the state of Indiana:
SECTION 1. That the legislative council is urged to establish an
interim study committee to study alcohol server training.
SECTION 2. That the committee, if established, shall study issues related to the responsible serving of alcohol, including appropriate training programs for servers.
SECTION 3. That the committee, if established, shall have the following members:
(1) The chairman of the Indiana alcoholic beverage commission, or the chairman's designee.
(2) The superintendent of the Indiana excise police, or the superintendent's designee.
(3) The chairperson of the governor's council on impaired and dangerous driving, or the chairperson's designee.
(4) The superintendent of the state police department, or the superintendent's designee.
(5) The following members appointed by the president pro tempore of the senate:
(A) One (1) representative of an Indiana institution of higher education that offers a degree in hospitality administration.
(B) One (1) representative of the Restaurant and Hospitality Association of Indiana.