Mr. President: Pursuant to Joint Rule 20, your Committee on Rules and
Legislative Procedure, to which was referred Engrossed House Bill 1208 because it
conflicts with SEA 57-2002 without properly recognizing the existence of SEA 57-
2002, has had Engrossed House Bill 1208 under consideration and begs leave to report
back to the Senate with the recommendation that Engrossed House Bill 1208 be
corrected as follows:
Page 1, delete lines 1 through 17, begin a new paragraph and
"SECTION 1. IC 34-6-2-103, AS AMENDED BY SEA 57-2002, SECTION 89, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2002]: Sec. 103. (a) "Person", for purposes of IC 34-14, has the meaning set forth in IC 34-14-1-13.
(b) "Person", for purposes of IC 34-24-4, means:
(1) an individual;
(2) a governmental entity;
(3) a corporation;
(4) a firm;
(5) a trust;
(6) a partnership; or
(7) an incorporated or unincorporated association that exists under or is authorized by the laws of this state, another state, or a foreign country.
(c) "Person", for purposes of IC 34-26-2, includes
individuals at least eighteen (18) years of age and emancipated
(d) "Person", for purposes of IC 34-26-4, has the meaning set
forth in IC 35-41-1-22.
(e) "Person", for purposes of IC 34-30-5, means any of the
(1) An individual.
(2) A corporation.
(3) A partnership.
(4) An unincorporated association.
(5) The state (as defined in IC 34-6-2-140).
(6) A political subdivision (as defined in IC 34-6-2-110).
(7) Any other entity recognized by law.
(f) "Person", for purposes of IC 34-30-6, means an
individual, a corporation, a limited liability company, a
partnership, an unincorporated association, or a governmental
(1) has qualifications or experience in:
(A) storing, transporting, or handling a hazardous substance or compressed gas;
(B) fighting fires;
(C) emergency rescue; or
(D) first aid care; or
(2) is otherwise qualified to provide assistance appropriate to remedy or contribute to the remedy of the emergency.
(g) "Person", for purposes of IC 34-30-18, includes:
(1) an individual;
(2) an incorporated or unincorporated organization or association;
(3) the state of Indiana;
(4) a political subdivision (as defined in IC 36-1-2-13);
(5) an agency of the state or a political subdivision; or
(6) a group of such persons acting in concert.
(h) "Person", for purposes of sections 42, 43, 69, and 95 of
this chapter, means an individual, an incorporated or
unincorporated organization or association, or a group of such
persons acting in concert.
(i) "Person" for purposes of IC 34-30-10.5, means the