I move that Engrossed Senate Bill 405 be amended to read as follows:
Page 1, between lines 14 and 15, begin a new paragraph and
"SECTION 3. IC 9-13-2-55 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2003]: Sec. 55. "Farm machinery" means a grain and bean separator, combine, combine header, baler, corn picker, ensilage cutter, corn sheller, corn shredder, hay raker, manure spreader, portable saw mill, well drilling machinery, spraying equipment and seeding, cultivating, and harvesting machinery."
Page 10, between lines 28 and 29, begin a new paragraph and insert:
"SECTION 24. IC 9-21-8-2 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2003]: Sec. 2. (a) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway except as follows:
(1) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing overtaking and passing.
(2) When the right half of a roadway is closed to traffic under construction or repair.
(3) Upon a roadway divided into three (3) marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable to a roadway divided into three
(3) marked lanes.
(4) Upon a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic.
(b) Upon all roadways, a vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place under the conditions then existing shall be driven:
(1) in the right-hand lane then available for traffic; or
(2) as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway;
except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.
(c) For purposes of this section, "vehicle" does not include the following:
(1) Farm machinery.
(2) Farm tractor."
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to ESB 405 as printed April 8, 2003.)