Your Committee on Ways and Means , to which was referred House Bill 1140 , has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the House with the recommendation that said bill be amended as follows:
Delete the title and insert the following:
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning health and to make an appropriation.
a dentist, a registered or licensed practical nurse, a midwife, an
optometrist, a pharmacist, a podiatrist, a chiropractor, a physical
therapist, a respiratory care practitioner, an occupational therapist,
a psychologist, a paramedic, an emergency medical technician, or
an advanced emergency technician, or a person who is an officer,
employee, or agent of the individual, partnership, corporation,
professional corporation, facility, or institution acting in the
course and scope of the person's employment.
(2) A college, university, or junior college that provides health care to a student, a faculty member, or an employee, and the governing board or a person who is an officer, employee, or agent of the college, university, or junior college acting in the course and scope of the person's employment.
(3) A blood bank, community mental health center, community mental retardation center, community health center, or migrant health center.
(4) A home health agency (as defined in IC 16-27-1-2 ).
(5) A health maintenance organization (as defined in IC 27-13-1-19 ).
(6) A health care organization whose members, shareholders, or partners are health care providers under subdivision (1).
(7) A corporation, partnership, or professional corporation not otherwise qualified under this subsection that:
(A) provides health care as one (1) of the corporation's, partnership's, or professional corporation's functions;
(B) is organized or registered under state law; and
(C) is determined to be eligible for coverage as a health care provider under IC 34-18 for the corporation's, partnership's, or professional corporation's health care function.
Coverage for a health care provider qualified under this subdivision is limited to the health care provider's health care functions and does not extend to other causes of action.
(b) "Health care provider", for purposes of IC 16-19-1-4 and IC 16-35 , has the meaning set forth in subsection (a). However, for purposes of IC 16-19-1-4 and IC 16-35 , the term also includes a health facility (as defined in section 167 of this chapter).
(c) "Health care provider", for purposes of IC 16-36-5 , means an individual licensed or authorized by this state to provide health care or
professional services as:
(1) a licensed physician;
(2) a registered nurse;
(3) a licensed practical nurse;
(4) an advanced practice nurse;
(5) a licensed nurse midwife;
(6) a paramedic;
(7) an emergency medical technician;
(8) an advanced emergency medical technician; or
(9) a first responder, as defined under IC 16-18-2-131 .
The term includes an individual who is an employee or agent of a health care provider acting in the course and scope of the individual's employment.
and when so amended that said bill do pass.