Your Committee on Commerce and Economic Development , to which was referred House Bill 1515 , has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the House with the recommendation that said bill be amended as follows:
purpose of providing a professional opinion of the condition of a
residential dwelling and the dwelling's carports or garages, any
reasonably accessible installed components, and the operation of
the dwelling's systems, including any controls normally operated
by the owner of the dwelling, for the following components:
(1) Heating systems.
(2) Cooling systems.
(3) Electrical systems.
(4) Plumbing systems.
(5) Structural components.
(7) Roof coverings.
(8) Exterior and interior components.
(9) Any other site aspects that affect the residential dwelling.".
Page 9, line 21, after "a" insert " legibly".
Page 9, delete line 22 and insert " prepared for compensation and issued after a home inspection. The report must include the following:
(1) A report on any system or component inspected that, in the professional opinion of the inspector, is significantly deficient or near the end of the system or component's service life. A report under this subdivision must include the reason why the system or component is significantly deficient or near the end of the system or component's service life, unless the reason is self-evident.
(2) The inspector's recommendation on how to remedy or monitor a deficiency reported under subdivision (1).
(3) A list of any systems or components that were designated for inspection in the standards of performance adopted by the board but that were not inspected.
(4) The reason a system or component listed under subdivision (3) was not inspected.".
Page 14, delete lines 10 through 13, begin a new line block indented and insert:
" (3) Pass the national home inspector examination offered by the examination board of professional home inspectors or by
another entity approved by the examination board of professional home inspectors. Passage of an examination before, on, or after July 1, 2003, satisfies this subdivision.".
and when so amended that said bill do pass.