Citations Affected: IC 12-7-2-149 ; IC 12-17.2-2-5.5 .
Synopsis: Distribution of child care regulatory information. Amends
the definition of "provider" for purposes of the law concerning child
care regulation. Specifies the manner in which the division of family
and children must adopt administrative rules and policy statements and
provide information to the public concerning the administrative rules
and policy statements.
Effective: July 1, 2003.
January 7, 2003, read first time and referred to Committee on Health and Provider
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning
, AS AMENDED BY P.L.283-2001,
SECTION 17, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2003]: Sec. 149. "Provider" means the following:
(1) For purposes of IC 12-10-7 , the meaning set forth in IC 12-10-7-3.
(2) For purposes of the following statutes, an individual, a partnership, a corporation, or a governmental entity that is enrolled in the Medicaid program under rules adopted under IC 4-22-2 by the office of Medicaid policy and planning:
(A) IC 12-14-1 through IC 12-14-9.5.
(B) IC 12-15, except IC 12-15-32 , IC 12-15-33 , and IC 12-15-34.
(C) IC 12-17-10.
(D) IC 12-17-11.
(E) IC 12-17.6.
(F) IC 12-17.7.
(3) For purposes of IC 12-17-9 , the meaning set forth in
(4) For the purposes of IC 12-17.2, a person who
provides child care center or child care home under IC 12-17.2.
(5) For purposes of IC 12-17.4, a person who operates a child caring institution, foster family home, group home, or child placing agency under IC 12-17.4.
SECTION 2. IC 12-17.2-2-5.5 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2003]: Sec. 5.5. (a) When the division adopts an administrative rule or a policy statement to administer this article, the division shall make the administrative rule or policy statement available to the public upon request.
(b) When the division adopts an administrative rule or a policy statement to administer this article, the administrative rule or policy statement may address only one (1) type of provider.
(c) When the division provides information to the public concerning an administrative rule or a policy statement adopted by the division, each document provided may contain information concerning only one (1) type of provider.
SECTION 3. [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2003] (a) The division shall, not later than July 1, 2004, amend administrative rules and policy statements that:
(1) have been adopted by the division;
(2) are in effect on July 1, 2003; and
(3) do not comply with the requirements of IC 12-17.2-2-5.5 , as added by this act.
(b) This SECTION expires December 31, 2005.