I move that Engrossed House Bill 1528 be amended to read as follows:
Sec. 2. (a) The state supplemental wagering tax fund is established.
(b) The treasurer of state shall invest the money in the fund not currently needed to meet the obligations of the fund in the same manner as other public money may be invested. Interest that accrues from these investments shall be deposited in the state general fund.
(c) Money in the fund does not revert to the state general fund at the end of a state fiscal year.
Sec. 3. The department shall deposit tax revenue collected under this chapter in the state supplemental wagering tax fund.
Sec. 4. Subject to the payment of refunds under section 5(d) of this chapter, the treasurer of state shall before October 1 of each year transfer the tax revenue deposited in the state supplemental wagering tax fund under this chapter to the build Indiana fund established under IC 4-30-17.
Sec. 5. (a) A licensed owner is entitled to a one hundred percent (100%) credit against the tax imposed under section 1 of this chapter in a particular state fiscal year if the licensed owner does at least one (1) of the following:
(1) Relocates the licensed owner's corporate headquarters to Indiana during the state fiscal year in which the tax was imposed.
(2) Maintains the licensed owner's corporate headquarters in Indiana during the state fiscal year in which the tax was imposed.
(3) Invests at least three percent (3%) of the licensed owner's adjusted gross receipts in the city or county that is designated as the riverboat's home dock during the state fiscal year in which the tax was imposed.
(b) To qualify for the credit allowed under this section, an investment described in subsection (a)(3) must be in addition to any investments required by statute or by an operating agreement with the city or county that is designated as the home dock of the licensed owner's riverboat.
(c) To claim the credit allowed under this section, a licensed owner must apply for the credit before August 1 on a form prescribed by the commission. The licensed owner must attach to the application proof:
(1) of the relocation of the licensed owner's corporate headquarters;
(2) that the licensed owner maintained the licensed owner's corporate headquarters in Indiana during the state fiscal year in which the taxes were imposed; or
(3) that the investments required under subsection (a)(3) were made.
(d) If the commission approves the licensed owner's application for a credit, the commission shall certify the application to the
department of state revenue. Upon receipt of the certified
application, the department of state revenue shall refund the
amount of the credit to the licensed owner. The amount refunded
to the licensed owner must be paid from the state supplemental
wagering tax fund before September 1.