The Senate Committee on Environmental Affairs, to which was referred House Bill No. 1659, has had
the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the Senate with the
recommendation that said bill be AMENDED as follows:
Delete everything after the enacting clause and insert the following:
SOURCE: IC 13-26-11-2; (03)AM165901.1. -->
SECTION 1. IC 13-26-11-2 IS AMENDED TO READ AS
FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2003]: Sec. 2. (a)
The rates or
charges for a sewage works shall be just, equitable, and
nondiscriminatory. The rates
may be determined based on the
(1) A flat charge for each connection.
(2) The amount of water used on the premises.
(3) The number and size of water outlets on the premises.
(4) The amount, strength, or character of sewage discharged into
(5) The size of sewer connections.
(6) Whether the property served has been or will be required to
pay separately for the cost of any of the facilities of the works.
(7) A combination of these or other factors that the board
determines is necessary to establish just,
rates or charges.
(b) In the establishment of rates or charges under subsection
(a), the district shall:
(1) use industry accepted standards; and
(2) apply the methodology used to establish the rates or
(A) within each rate class; and
(B) among all rate classes.
(Reference is to HB 1659 as reprinted March 4, 2003.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass .
Committee Vote: Yeas 10, Nays 0.
Senator Gard, Chairperson
AM 165901/DI 44 2003