AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning state and local administration.
IS AMENDED TO READ AS
FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2003]: Sec. 32. (a) The division
shall reduce an award made under this chapter by the amount of
benefits received or to be received from the following sources if those
benefits result from or are in any manner attributable to the bodily
injury or death upon which the award is based:
(1) Restitution from the offender.
(2) Benefits from a third party on behalf of the offender.
(3) (1) Benefits from public or private pension programs,
including Social Security benefits.
(4) (2) Benefits from proceeds of insurance policies.
(5) (3) Benefits under
(6) (4) Unemployment compensation benefits.
(7) (5) Benefits from other public funds.
Compensation must be further reduced or denied to the extent that the claimant's loss is recouped from other collateral sources.
(b) The division shall further reduce an award under this chapter by the following:
(1) The amount of court ordered restitution actually received by the victim from the offender.
(2) Benefits actually received by the victim from a third party on behalf of the offender.