Citations Affected: Noncode.
Synopsis: School principal and superintendent licensing. Requires the
professional standards board to review licensing requirements for
school principals and school corporation superintendents.
Effective: July 1, 2004.
January 8, 2004, read first time and referred to Committee on Education and Career
January 15, 2004, reported favorably _ Do Pass.
January 20, 2004, read second time, ordered engrossed.
January 21, 2004, engrossed.
February 2, 2004, read third time, passed. Yeas 44, nays 5.
A BILL FOR AN ACT concerning education.
SECTION 1. [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2004] (a) As used in this
(1) "board" refers to the professional standards board established by IC 20-1-1.4-2; and
(2) "school administrator" refers to a school principal or school corporation superintendent.
(b) The board shall review the licensing requirements for school administrators.
(c) In conducting the review required under subsection (b), the board shall gather information from as many sources as is practicable, including the following:
(1) Licensing issues in other states.
(2) Research data, including research concerning the characteristics of successful school administrators.
(3) Information submitted by interested parties, including information received in public hearings.
(d) Before December 1, 2004, the board:
(1) shall compile the information gathered under subsection
(2) may make recommendations that are supported by findings of fact;
in a report submitted to the executive director of the legislative services agency in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6-4.
(e) This SECTION expires December 31, 2004.