SB 191-1_ Filed 02/25/2004, 07:42 Kersey
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that Engrossed Senate Bill 191 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 3, line 5; (04)MO019101.3. -->
Page 3, line 5, delete "data," and insert " data".
Page 3, after line 11, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: ; (04)MO019101.3. -->
"SECTION 3. [EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE] ( a) As used in this
SECTION, "department" refers to the department of education.
(b) As used in this SECTION, "P-16 plan" refers to the
strategic plans adopted by the Indiana education roundtable on
October 23, 2003, entitled "P-16 Plan for Improving Student
(c) The department shall administer a comprehensive study on
the costs of adequately funding:
(1) P.L.221-1999 in conjunction with P.L.146-1999; and
(2) the P-16 plan.
(d) In administering the study, the department shall:
(1) contract with a school finance policy firm that meets the
qualifications set forth in subsection (e); and
(2) notwithstanding P.L.224-2003, SECTION 9, use resources
available to the education roundtable under P.L.224-2003,
(e) To be eligible to conduct the study, a school finance policy
firm must meet the following qualifications:
(1) Be approved by the state budget committee.
(2) Be nationally recognized.
(3) Specialize in school funding and funding adequacy issues.
(4) Employ generally accepted methodologies in reaching
conclusions and recommendations.
(f) Before December 1, 2004, the department shall report the
results of the study, including the conclusions and
recommendations of the school finance policy firm that conducts
the study, to the general assembly in an electronic format under
(g) Notwithstanding IC 20-10.2-5 and IC 20-10.2-6:
(1) a public school may not be placed in the lowest category
or designation of school performance; and
(2) sanctions otherwise available to be imposed against a
public school that fails to make requisite improvements may
not be carried out;
until the school has received for at least three (3) years adequate
funding to carry out the school's improvement plan, as described
in IC 20-10.2-3.
(h) This SECTION expires July 1, 2012.
SOURCE: ; (04)MO019101.4. -->
SECTION 4. An emergency is declared for this act.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to ESB 191 as printed February 20, 2004.)
MO019101/DI 71 2004