I move that House Bill 1098 be amended to read as follows:
Page 1, between the enacting clause and line 1, begin a new paragraph and
SECTION 1. [EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE] (a) As used in this SECTION, commission refers to the child safety seat study commission established by this SECTION.
(b) There is established the child safety seat study commission. The commission shall:
(1) Study federal safety guidelines impact on Indiana law regarding child passenger restraint law.
(2) Examine any loopholes in Indiana law on child passenger
restraint systems or safety belts.
(3) Recommend whether any changes need to be to Indiana
child passenger restraint laws.
(4) Consider any other issue as determined by the
(c) The commission consists of the following eleven (11) volunteer members:
(1) Three (3) members who are appointed by the governor.
(2) Two (2) members who are members of the senate,
appointed by the president pro tempore of the senate. One
member from each political party must be represented.
(3)Two (2) members who are members of the house of representatives, appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives. One member from each political party must be represented.
(4) One (1) parent
(5) One (1) member of the law enforcement community
(6) One (1) member of the medical community
(7) One (1) representative of the motor vehicle manufacturing
(d) This SECTION expires December 1, 2004.
SECTION 2. An emergency is declared for this act.
Page 1, delete lines 1 through 17.
Delete pages 2 through 6..
(Reference is to HB 1098 as printed January 27, 2004.)