I move that House Bill 1207 be amended to read as follows:
Page 1, between the enacting clause and line 1, begin a new paragraph and
SECTION 1. IC 4-1-8-1, AS AMENDED BY P.L.178-2003, SECTION 1, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS: Sec. 1. (a) No individual may be compelled by any state agency, board, commission, department, bureau, or other entity of state government (referred to as "state agency" in this chapter) to provide the individual's Social Security number to the state agency against the individual's will, absent federal requirements to the contrary. However, the provisions of this chapter do not apply to the following:
(1) Department of state revenue.
(2) Department of workforce development.
(3) The programs administered by:
(A) the division of family and children;
(B) the division of mental health and addiction;
(C) the division of disability, aging, and rehabilitative services; and
(D) the office of Medicaid policy and planning;
of the office of the secretary of family and social services.
(4) Auditor of state.
(5) State personnel department.
(6) Secretary of state, with respect to the registration of broker-dealers, agents, and investment advisors.
(7) The legislative ethics commission, with respect to the registration of lobbyists.
(8) Indiana department of administration, with respect to bidders on
(9) Indiana department of transportation, with respect to bidders on contracts.
(10) Health professions bureau.
(11) Indiana professional licensing agency.
(12) Indiana department of insurance, with respect to licensing of insurance producers.
(13) A pension fund administered by the board of trustees of the public employees' retirement fund.
(14) The Indiana state teachers' retirement fund.
(15) The state police benefit system.
(16) The Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission.
(b) The bureau of motor vehicles may, notwithstanding this chapter, require the following:
(1) That an individual include the individual's Social Security number in an application for an official certificate of title for any vehicle required to be titled under IC 9-17.
(2) That an individual include the individual's Social Security number on an application for registration.
(3) That a corporation, limited liability company, firm, partnership, or other business entity include its federal tax identification number on an application for registration.
(c) The Indiana department of administration, the Indiana department of transportation, the health professions bureau, and the Indiana professional licensing agency may require an employer to provide its federal employer identification number.
(d) The department of correction may require a committed offender to provide the offender's Social Security number for purposes of matching data with the Social Security Administration to determine benefit eligibility.
(e) The Indiana gaming commission may, notwithstanding this chapter, require the following:
(1) That an individual include the individual's Social Security number in any application for a riverboat owner's license, supplier's license, or occupational license.
(2) That a sole proprietorship, a partnership, an association, a fiduciary, a corporation, a limited liability company, or any other business entity include its federal tax identification number on an application for a riverboat owner's license or supplier's license.
(f) Notwithstanding this chapter, the professional standards board established by IC 20-1-1.4-2 may require an individual who applies to the board for a license or an endorsement to provide the individual's Social Security number. The Social Security number may be used by the board only for conducting a background investigation, if the board is authorized by statute to conduct a background investigation of an individual for issuance of the license or endorsement.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
1207 (Reference is to HB 1207 as printed January 27, 2004.)