Your Committee on Rules and Legislative Procedures , to which was referred House Bill 1448 , has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the House with the recommendation that said bill be amended as follows:
Delete the title and insert the following:
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning the general assembly.
Delete everything after the enacting clause and insert the following:
For purposes of this subdivision, a legislator's business is
considered a retail business if the business is a retail merchant as
defined in IC 6-2.5-1-8.
(2) The lobbyist has made a gift described in IC 2-2.1-3-2(a)(8) to that member.
(b) A report required by subsection (a) must state the following:
(1) The name of the lobbyist.
(2) Whether the report covers a purchase described in IC 2-2.1-3-2(a)(7) or a gift described in IC 2-2.1-3-2(a)(8).
(c) A lobbyist shall file a copy of a report required by this section with all the following:
(1) The commission.
(2) The member of the general assembly with respect to whom the report is made.
(3) The principal clerk of the house of representatives, if the
legislator is a member of the Indiana house of representatives.
(4) The secretary of the senate, if the legislator is a member of the
(d) A lobbyist shall file a report required by subsection (a) not later than seven (7) days after making the purchase or giving the gift.
(e) Not later than January 7,
a lobbyist who has filed a report under
this section regarding a member of the general assembly listing the
commission shall provide to that each member of the general
assembly a cumulative report listing all purchases and gifts written
compilation of all reports filed under subsection (c) relating to
that member. The compilation must satisfy the following:
that each member the compilation must list the
following during for the immediately preceding calendar year:
(A) Each purchase described in IC 2-2.1-3-2(a)(7).
(B) Each gift described in IC 2-2.1-3-2(a)(8) itemized as follows:
(i) Any gift of cash from the lobbyist.
(ii) Any single gift other than cash having a fair market value that exceeds one hundred dollars ($100).
(iii) Any gifts other than cash having a fair market value in the aggregate that exceeds two hundred fifty
(2) For each purchase or gift, the compilation must identify the name of the lobbyist making the purchase or giving the gift.
(Reference is to HB 1448 as introduced.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass.