that Senate Bill 183 be amended to read as follows:
Page 1, between the enacting clause and line 1, begin a new
paragraph and insert:
"SECTION 1. IC 14-13-6-22 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2004]: Sec. 22. (a) The commission is authorized to do the following:
(1) Hold public hearings.
(2) Request the presence and participation at a commission meeting of representatives of any governmental or private entity that has an interest in natural resources, tourism, historic preservation, archaeology, or environmental issues.
(3) Enter into contracts, within the limit of available funds, with individuals, organizations, and institutions for services that further the purposes of this chapter.
(4) Enter into contracts, within the limit of available funds, with local and regional nonprofit corporations and associations for cooperative endeavors that further the purposes of this chapter.
(5) Enter with governmental and private entities into cooperative agreements that further the purposes of this chapter.
(6) Receive appropriations of federal funds.
(7) Accept gifts, contributions, and bequests of funds from any source.
(8) Apply for, receive, and disburse funds available from the state or federal government in furtherance of the purposes of this chapter, and enter into any agreements that may be required as a condition of obtaining the funds.
(9) Enter into any agreement and perform any act that is necessary to carrying out the duties of the commission and the purposes of this chapter.
(b) The following conditions apply to the handling and disbursement of any funds that the commission receives under subsection (a)(8):