SOURCE: Page 1, line 1; (04)AM006203.1. -->
Page 1, between the enacting clause and line 1, begin a new
paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 12-7-2-0.5; (04)AM006203.1. -->
"SECTION 1. IC 12-7-2-0.5 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE
AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE UPON
PASSAGE]: Sec. 0.5. As used in IC 12-15-5-1, "abortifacient"
means any drug or device intended to terminate a pregnancy.
SOURCE: IC 12-15-5-1; (04)AM006203.2. -->
SECTION 2. IC 12-15-5-1, AS AMENDED BY P.L.149-2001,
SECTION 1, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
UPON PASSAGE]: Sec. 1. Except as provided in IC 12-15-2-12,
IC 12-15-6, and IC 12-15-21, the following services and supplies are
provided under Medicaid:
(1) Inpatient hospital services.
(2) Nursing facility services.
(3) Physician's services, including services provided under
IC 25-10-1 and IC 25-22.5-1.
(4) Outpatient hospital or clinic services.
(5) Home health care services.
(6) Private duty nursing services.
(7) Physical therapy and related services.
(8) Dental services.
(9) Prescribed laboratory and x-ray services.
(10) Prescribed drugs and services.
(11) Eyeglasses and prosthetic devices.
(12) Optometric services.
(13) Diagnostic, screening, preventive, and rehabilitative services.
(14) Podiatric medicine services.
(15) Hospice services.
(16) Services or supplies recognized under Indiana law and
specified under rules adopted by the office.
(17) Family planning services except the performance of abortions
and the provision of abortifacients.
(18) Nonmedical nursing care given in accordance with the tenets
and practices of a recognized church or religious denomination to
an individual qualified for Medicaid who depends upon healing by
prayer and spiritual means alone in accordance with the tenets and
practices of the individual's church or religious denomination.
(19) Services provided to individuals described in IC 12-15-2-8
and IC 12-15-2-9.
(20) Services provided under IC 12-15-34 and IC 12-15-32.
(21) Case management services provided to individuals described
in IC 12-15-2-11 and IC 12-15-2-13.
(22) Any other type of remedial care recognized under Indiana law
and specified by the United States Secretary of Health and Human
(23) Examinations required under IC 16-41-17-2(a)(10).".
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to SB 62 as introduced.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass .
Committee Vote: Yeas 9, Nays 0.
Senator Miller, Chairperson
AM 006203/DI 110 2004