Citations Affected: IC 16-19.
Synopsis: Safety of children during storms. Requires the state
department of health to adopt guidelines concerning the safety of
children during bad weather conditions and to distribute the guidelines
to the department of education and make the guidelines available to
Effective: July 1, 2005.
January 20, 2005, read first time and referred to Committee on Health and Provider
January 27, 2005, amended, reported favorably _ Do Pass.
February 3, 2005, read second time, amended, ordered engrossed.
February 4, 2005, engrossed.
February 7, 2005, read third time, passed. Yeas 46, nays 0.
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning
following types of events and places where children may be
exposed to weather conditions:
(1) Schools and activities organized by schools.
(2) Child care centers and child care homes licensed under IC 12-17.2.
(3) Preschool (as defined in IC 12-7-2-143.5).
(4) Organized sporting events.
(5) Public parks.
(d) The state department shall:
(1) distribute the guidelines adopted under subsection (a) to the department of education, which shall then distribute the guidelines to each:
(A) school corporation; and
(B) nonpublic school; and
(2) make available the guidelines adopted under subsection (a) to any person that:
(A) operates a place; or
(B) organizes or conducts an activity or event;
described in subsection (c).