HB 1078-1_ Filed 01/24/2005, 11:06 Goodin
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that House Bill 1078 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 1, line 1; (05)MO107801.1. -->
Page 1, between the enacting clause and line 1, begin a new
paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 4-4-30-5; (05)MO107801.1. -->
"SECTION 1. IC 4-4-30-5 IS AMENDED TO READ AS
FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2005]: Sec. 5. The center for coal
technology research is established to perform the following duties:
(1) Develop technologies that can use Indiana coal in an
environmentally and economically sound manner.
(2) Investigate the reuse of clean coal technology byproducts,
including fly ash and coal bed methane.
(3) Generate innovative research in the field of coal use.
(4) Develop new, efficient, and economical sorbents for effective
control of emissions.
(5) Investigate ways to increase coal combustion efficiency.
(6) Develop materials that withstand higher combustion
(7) Carry out any other matter concerning coal technology
research, including public education, as determined by the center.
(8) Administer the Indiana coal research grant fund under
(9) Investigate the use of coal bed methane in the production
of renewable or alternative fuels and renewable energy
SOURCE: IC 8-1-8.8-2; (05)MO107801.2. -->
SECTION 2. IC 8-1-8.8-2 IS AMENDED TO READ AS
FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2005]: Sec. 2. As used in this
chapter, "clean coal and energy projects" means any of the following:
(1) Any of the following projects:
(A) Projects at new energy generating facilities that employ the
use of clean coal technology and that are fueled primarily by
coal or gases, derived from coal from the geological formation
known as the Illinois Basin.
(B) Projects to provide advanced technologies that reduce
regulated air emissions from existing energy generating plants
that are fueled primarily by coal or gases from coal from the
geologic formation known as the Illinois Basin, such as flue
gas desulfurization and selective catalytic reduction equipment.
(C) Projects to provide electric transmission facilities to serve
a new energy generating facility.
(2) Projects to develop alternative energy sources, including
renewable energy projects.
(3) The purchase of fuels produced by a coal gasification facility.
(4) Projects described in subdivisions (1) through (3) that use
coal bed methane.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to HB 1078 as printed January 14, 2005.)
MO107801/DI 52 2005