developments as to cost, scheduling,
oversight, and authorities
involved and recommend changes
consistent with improving
service delivery and economic
(3) Consider possible changes to economic development
organizational structures and their financing across the region to facilitate economic growth and employment growth throughout northwest Indiana.
(4) Review other infrastructure development projects vital to northwest Indiana and how they may be facilitated.
(5) Study any other topic assigned by the legislative council.
(d) The commission consists of the following members:
(1) One (1) member appointed by the shoreline development commission (IC 36- 7- 13.5- 2).
(2) One (1) member appointed by an airport development
authority established by an eligible entity described in
IC 8- 22- 3.7- 4.5(1).
(3) One (1) member appointed by a regional transportation
authority established under IC 36- 9- 3- 2 and serving the
(4) One (1) member appointed by a commuter transportation district established under IC 8- 5- 15 and serving the metropolitan district.
(5) One (1) member appointed by the northwestern Indiana regional planning commission established by IC 36- 7- 7.6- 3.
(6) One (1) member appointed by the county executive of
(7) One (1) member appointed by the county executive of
(8) Four (4) senators appointed by the president pro tempore of the senate in consultation with the minority leader of the senate, not more than two (2) of whom may be members of the same political party.
(9) Four (4) representatives appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives in consultation with the minority leader of the house of representatives, not more than two (2) of whom may be members of the same political party.
(e) Except as otherwise provided in this SECTION, the
commission shall operate under the policies governing study
committees adopted by the legislative council.
(f) The affirmative votes of a majority of the members appointed the commission are required for the commission to take action any measure, including final reports.
(g) This SECTION expires January 1, 2006. ".
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to HB 1261 as printed February 25, 2005.)
Your Committee of One, to which was referred House Bill 1261, begs leave to report that said bill has
been amended as directed.