Your Committee on Public Health , to which was referred House Bill 1519 , has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the House with the recommendation that said bill be amended as follows:
commitment of each party to the placement and the
implementation of the individualized support plan.
(6) Allow termination or modification of the service agreement upon death, moving out of state, abuse or neglect, or substantial change of the developmentally disabled individual (as defined in IC 12-7-2-62) and an appropriate payment adjustment or penalty for early termination by the state, the provider, and the developmentally disabled individual for any other reason.
(7) Require annual cost reporting to determine the base rates for the funding matrix under subdivision (2). ".
Page 2, line 38, delete "(d)" and insert " (b)".
Page 2, line 42, after "is" insert " required to be".
Page 3, after line 12, begin a new paragraph and insert:
reports must be defined.
(6) Except for cases of fraud, an audit must be completed not more than two (2) years after:
(A) the end of the grant period; or
(B) the end of the provider's fiscal year;
whichever is later.
(7) A formal appeal process that includes:
(A) the issuance of a preliminary finding;
(B) a time for the provider to respond to the preliminary findings and submit additional information for review before final findings are issued; and
(C) appeal procedures with deadlines.
(c) Before July 1, 2006, the division of disability, aging, and rehabilitative services shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 that comply with rules adopted under subsections (a) and (b) and that require the following:
(1) Audit and program staff of the division of disability, aging, and rehabilitative services to jointly approve issued service definitions and bulletins that impact potential audit issues.
(2) Development of a comprehensive bureau of developmental disabilities services provider manual for state and waiver funded services that is comparable to the Medicaid provider manual.
(3) All revisions to the manual created under subdivision (2) and rules adopted or amended may be implemented only on the first day of a month.
(4) Develop consistent definition of services and documentation standards regardless of the funding source.
(5) Develop written documentation standards, including acceptable electronic documentation formats.
(6) Implement an automated claims system for all types of bureau of developmental disabilities services.
(7) Provide initial and periodic training of a provider's financial staff by the division of disability, aging, and
rehabilitative services concerning accounting, billing, and audit procedures.
(d) This SECTION expires July 1, 2007. ".
(Reference is to HB 1519 as introduced.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass.