Citations Affected: IC 15-7-10.
Synopsis: Biofuels task force. Establishes the biofuels task force as a
permanent legislative study group operating under the policies of the
Effective: July 1, 2005.
January 4, 2005, read first time and referred to Committee on Environmental Affairs.
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning
agriculture and animals.
pro tempore of the senate.
(4) Two (2) members of the senate appointed by the minority leader of the senate.
(5) Three (3) members appointed by the governor.
Sec. 5. In making appointments under this chapter, the governor shall give special consideration to persons who are members of or who represent the following organizations or interest groups:
(1) Farm organizations.
(2) Fat and oil processors.
(3) Petroleum producers and refiners.
(4) Environmental and public health interest groups.
(5) Grower organizations.
(6) Research and education experts.
Sec. 6. Each member of the task force serves at the pleasure of the person who appointed the member.
Sec. 7. The task force shall operate under the legislative council's policies governing study committees.
Sec. 8. The affirmative votes of a majority of the voting members appointed to the task force are required for the task force to take action on any measure, including final reports.
Sec. 9. The legislative services agency shall serve as staff to the task force.
Sec. 10. The task force shall do the following:
(1) Investigate methods to increase research, development, production, and use of biofuels.
(2) Advise the commissioner of agriculture on matters related to biofuels.
(3) Give priority consideration to review of biofuel projects and policies that will provide maximum economic and environmental benefits to Indiana.
(4) Submit recommendations to the legislative council and to legislative committees that have subject matter jurisdiction over biofuel matters as directed by the legislative council. The recommendations to the legislative council must be in an electronic format.