The Senate Committee on Corrections, Criminal, and Civil Matters, to which was referred Senate Bill
No. 117, has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the Senate with
the recommendation that said bill be AMENDED as follows:
IC 35-46-1-15.1 (invasion of privacy);
(7) probable cause to believe that the person violated IC 35-47-2-1 (carrying a handgun without a license) or IC 35-47-2-22 (counterfeit handgun license);
(8) probable cause to believe that the person is violating or has violated an order issued under IC 35-50-7;
(9) probable cause to believe that the person is violating or has violated IC 35-47-6-1.1 (undisclosed transport of a dangerous device); or
(9) (10) probable cause to believe that the person is:
(A) violating or has violated IC 35-45-2-5 (interference with the reporting of a crime); and
(B) interfering with or preventing the reporting of a crime involving domestic or family violence (as defined in IC 34-6-2-34.5).
(b) A person who:
(1) is employed full time as a federal enforcement officer;
(2) is empowered to effect an arrest with or without warrant for a violation of the United States Code; and
(3) is authorized to carry firearms in the performance of the person's duties;
may act as an officer for the arrest of offenders against the laws of this state where the person reasonably believes that a felony has been or is about to be committed or attempted in the person's presence.".
Page 1, delete line 6.
and when so amended that said bill do pass .
Committee Vote: Yeas 10, Nays 0.