SB 27-6_ Filed 02/27/2006, 08:22 Burton
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that Engrossed Senate Bill 27 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 2, line 1; (06)MO002702.2. -->
Page 2, between lines 1 and 2, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 7.1-1-3-18.5; (06)MO002702.2. -->
"SECTION 2. IC 7.1-1-3-18.5 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA
CODE AS A NEW
SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2006]: Sec. 18.5. (a) "Grocery store" means
a store or a part of a store that:
(1) has the primary North American Industry Classification
System (NAICS) classification 445110 or 452910; and
(2) is primarily engaged in the retail sale of a general food line,
which may include:
(A) canned and frozen foods;
(B) dry goods, including tea, coffee, sugar, and flour;
(C) fresh fruits and vegetables; and
(D) fresh and prepared meats.
(b) The term does not include a store that has less than two
hundred fifty thousand dollars ($250,000) in annual gross sales of
food, excluding the following:
(1) Candy, confectionaries, and chewing gum.
(2) Alcoholic beverages.
(3) Cocktail mixers.
(4) Soft drinks, sodas, and other similar beverages.
(5) Medicines, tonics, vitamins, and other dietary supplements.
(6) Water (except natural spring water), mineral water,
carbonated water, and ice.
(7) Pet food.
(8) Food furnished, prepared, or served for consumption at a
location, or on equipment, provided by the retail merchant.
(9) Meals served by a retail merchant off the merchant's
(10) Food sold by a retail merchant who ordinarily bags,
wraps, or packages the food for immediate consumption on or
near the merchant's premises, including food sold on a "take
out" or "to go" basis.
(11) Food sold through a vending machine.
(12) Tobacco products.".
SOURCE: Page 22, line 34; (06)MO002702.22. -->
Page 22, between lines 34 and 35, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: ; (06)MO002702.43. -->
"SECTION 43. [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2006] Notwithstanding
IC 7.1-1-3-18.5, as added by this act, the commission may renew or
transfer ownership of a beer dealer's permit for a beer dealer who:
(1) held a permit before July 1, 2006; and
(2) does not qualify for a permit as a grocery store under the
definition set forth in IC 7.1-1-3-18.5, as added by this act.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to ESB 27 as printed February 24, 2006.)
MO002702/DI 110 2006