SB 117-4_ Filed 02/23/2006, 11:07 Stutzman
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that Engrossed Senate Bill 117 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 4, line 8; (06)MO011706.4. -->
Page 4, between lines 8 and 9, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 24-3-6-9; (06)MO011706.5. -->
"SECTION 5. IC 24-3-6-9, AS ADDED BY P.L.160-2005,
SECTION 15, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2006]: Sec. 9. (a) The commission may issue
or renew a license to the following applicants:
(1) An importer.
(2) A manufacturer.
The commission shall prescribe the form of an application.
(b) An importer or manufacturer that conducts business in Indiana
must apply under this section for a license for the importer's or
manufacturer's principal place of business. An importer or manufacturer
that is issued a license shall display the license at the importer's or
manufacturer's principal place of business.
(c) The commission shall prescribe the form and duration of a
license issued under this section. However, a license may not be valid
for more than three (3) years from the date of issuance.
(d) An applicant must provide the following to the commission:
(1) The applicant's name and mailing address and the address
of the premises for which the license is being issued.
(2) A fee of one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500).
(e) Fees collected under this section must be deposited in the
enforcement and administration fund under IC 7.1-4-10.
A license issued under this section is nontransferable.
The commission shall not issue or renew a license under this
(1) the applicant owes at least five hundred dollars ($500) in taxes
imposed under IC 6-7-1-12;
(2) the commission revoked the applicant's license within two (2)
years before the application;
(3) the applicant commits an offense under IC 6-7-1-21;
(4) the applicant does not comply with IC 24-3-3-12; or
(5) the applicant violates IC 24-3-4.
The commission may revoke or suspend a license issued under
this section if the applicant:
(1) is not eligible to receive or renew a license under subsection
(2) violates this chapter.".
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to ESB 117 as printed February 14, 2006.)
MO011706/DI 14 2006