HB 1338-1_ Filed 01/30/2006, 08:00 Duncan
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that House Bill 1338 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 1, line 1; (06)MO133801.1. -->
Page 1, delete lines 1 through 17.
Page 2, delete lines 1 through 18, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 20-28-5-3; (06)MO133801.1. -->
"SECTION 1. IC 20-28-5-3, AS ADDED BY P.L.246-2005,
SECTION 157, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2006]: Sec. 3. (a) The department shall
(1) the grade point average required for each type of license; and
(2) the types of licenses to which the teachers' minimum salary
laws apply, including nonrenewable one (1) year limited licenses.
(b) The department shall determine details of licensing not provided
in this chapter, including requirements regarding the following:
(1) The conversion of one (1) type of license into another.
(2) The accreditation of teacher education schools and
(3) The exchange and renewal of licenses.
(4) The endorsement of another state's license.
(5) The acceptance of credentials from teacher education
institutions of another state.
(6) The academic and professional preparation for each type of
(7) The granting of permission to teach a high school subject area
related to the subject area for which the teacher holds a license.
(8) The issuance of licenses on credentials.
(9) The type of license required for each school position.
(10) The size requirements for an elementary school requiring a
(11) Any other related matters.
The department shall establish at least one (1) system for renewing a
teaching license that does not require a graduate degree.
(c) Beginning July 1, 2006, the board, before issuing an initial
teaching license at any grade level to an undergraduate individual
seeking an initial teaching license, shall require the applicant for a
license to show evidence that the applicant meets one (1) of the
(1) Has successfully completed a course approved by the
(A) cardiopulmonary resuscitation that includes a test
demonstration on a mannequin;
(B) removing a foreign body causing an obstruction in an
(C) the Heimlich maneuver.
(2) Holds a valid certification in the procedures described in
subdivision (1) issued by:
(A) the American Red Cross;
(B) the American Heart Association; or
(C) a comparable organization or institution approved by
(3) Has physical limitations that make it impracticable for the
applicant to complete a course or certification described in
subdivision (1) or subdivision (2).
(c) (d)The department shall periodically publish bulletins regarding:
(1) the details described in subsection (b);
(2) information on the types of licenses issued;
(3) the rules governing the issuance of each type of license; and
(4) other similar matters.".
SOURCE: Page 4, line 2; (06)MO133801.4. -->
Page 4, delete lines 2 through 42, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 34-30-14-2.5; (06)MO133801.4. -->
"SECTION 4. IC 34-30-14-2.5 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA
CODE AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2006]: Sec. 2.5. A teacher who:
(1) meets the requirement of IC 20-28-5-3(c); and
(A) cardiopulmonary resuscitation; or
(B) the Heimlich maneuver;
on or removes a foreign body that is obstructing an airway of
another person in the course of employment as a teacher;
is not liable in a civil action for damages resulting from an act or
omission occurring during the performance of a function under this
section unless the act or omission constitutes gross negligence or
willful and wanton misconduct.
SOURCE: ; (06)MO133801.5. -->
SECTION 5. [EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE] (a) Although
IC 20-28-5-3(c), as amended by this act, applies beginning July 1,
2006, a college or university located in Indiana may recommend to
a person who has been accepted in a teacher training program
before July 1, 2006, that the person should meet the requirements
of IC 20-28-5-3(c), as amended by this act.
(b) This SECTION expires June 30, 2008.
SOURCE: ; (06)MO133801.6. -->
SECTION 6. An emergency is declared for this act.".
SOURCE: Page 5, line 1; (06)MO133801.5. -->
Page 5, delete lines 1 through 2.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to HB 1338 as printed January 27, 2006.)
MO133801/DI 109 2006