HB 1349-11_ Filed 01/30/2006, 08:05 Ulmer
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that House Bill 1349 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 1, line 1; (06)MO134912.1. -->
Page 1, delete lines 1 through 17.
Delete page 2.
Page 3, delete lines 1 through 30.
Page 3, line 37, after "game mammals," insert " elk, ".
Page 3, line 39, delete "A cervidae livestock operation licensed
under IC 14-22-20.5" and insert " Except as provided in section 5 of
this chapter, game mammals, elk, and furbearing mammals held
under this chapter may not be hunted or harvested for sporting
(c) After July 1, 2013, hunting and harvesting for sporting
purposes of game mammals, elk, and furbearing mammals held
under a license issued under this chapter are prohibited.
SOURCE: IC 14-22-20-5; (06)MO134912.2. -->
SECTION 2. IC 14-22-20-5 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE
AS A NEW
SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2006]: Sec. 5. (a) A person who:
(1) possesses a license issued under this chapter;
(2) provides documentation to the department that the person
has allowed deer or elk hunting under a license issued under
this chapter in 2003, 2004, or 2005; and
(3) complies with the requirements set forth in subsection (c);
is entitled to continue to allow hunting and harvesting of deer and
elk for sporting purposes under this section, subject to subsection
(b) The department shall provide a person who meets the
conditions set forth in subsection (a) with a letter certifying that the
person is authorized to operate a game breeder's licensed hunting
facility under this section.
(c) A person who operates a game breeder's licensed hunting
facility under this section must comply with the following
(1) A hunting stand may not be located closer than
seventy-five (75) yards from the boundary fence.
(2) A deer or an elk must be released into the hunting area at
least ten (10) days before it is hunted. Hunting of other deer
and elk is not allowed in the hunting area during this period.
(3) The number of hunters in the hunting area at any time
may not exceed one (1) hunter per twenty (20) acres.
(4) Any law or rule concerning the hunting of whitetail deer
concerning weapon limitations, bag, sex, and size limits
applies to the hunting of any animal on a licensed hunting
(5) The licensed hunting facility must comply with all rules of
the board of animal health concerning deer and elk, including
rules concerning chronic wasting disease (CWD).
(6) The licensed hunting facility may not sell a specific deer or
elk to the hunter. However, the licensed hunting facility may
(A) a basic hunting fee; or
(B) a fee based upon the antler size of the deer or elk taken
by the hunter.
(7) Hunting is prohibited in the area within one hundred fifty
(150) yards of an artificial feeding site.
(8) The licensed hunting facility must maintain a hunting area
that consists of at least eighty (80) contiguous acres and that
is surrounded by a boundary fence at least eight (8) feet in
(9) The operator of a licensed hunting facility shall pay the
department the following fees for each deer or elk harvested
on the licensed hunting facility:
(A) Two hundred fifty dollars ($250) per buck.
(B) Fifty dollars ($50) per doe.
(10) The operator of a licensed hunting facility must maintain
daily records concerning the following:
(A) The number of deer and elk released into the hunting
(B) The number of hunters.
(C) The number of deer and elk harvested.
(11) The licensed hunting facility must allow the department,
at any time, to inspect the following:
(A) The daily records required under subdivision (10).
(B) The deer and elk.
(C) The hunting area.
(12) Before July 1, 2011, a person who operates a licensed
hunting facility under this section shall submit a plan to the
department that outlines how all deer and elk will be
harvested or removed from the licensed hunting facility.
(d) Except for whitetail deer, a deer or elk taken on a game
breeder's licensed hunting facility under this section is not subject
(1) the bag, sex, and size limits established under
IC 14-22-2-6(a)(2); or
(2) hunting license requirements.
(e) Except for whitetail deer, a person may take deer and elk
from a game breeder's licensed hunting facility under this section
only during September, October, November, December, January,
February, March, and April.
(f) Deer and elk may not be released into a game breeder's
licensed hunting facility to which this section applies after July 1,
(g) This section expires July 1, 2013.
SOURCE: Page 3, line 40; (06)MO134912.3. -->
Page 3, delete lines 40 through 42.
Delete pages 4 through 8.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to HB 1349 as printed January 20, 2006.)
MO134912/DI 77 2006