Citations Affected: IC 20-20-8-8.
Synopsis: ISTEP scores. Requires ISTEP reading and language arts
scores to be reported separately on a school corporation's annual
Effective: July 1, 2006.
January 9, 2006, read first time and referred to Committee on Education and Career
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning
groups or programs:
(A) Alternative education, if offered.
(B) Vocational education.
(C) Special education.
(D) Gifted or talented, if offered.
(F) Limited English language proficiency.
(G) Students receiving free or reduced price lunch under the national school lunch program.
(7) Advanced placement, including the following:
(A) For advanced placement tests, the percentage of students:
(i) scoring three (3), four (4), and five (5); and
(ii) taking the test.
(B) For the Scholastic Aptitude Test:
(i) test scores for all students taking the test;
(ii) test scores for students completing the academic honors diploma program; and
(iii) the percentage of students taking the test.
(8) Course completion, including the number and percentage of students completing the following programs:
(A) Academic honors diploma.
(B) Core 40 curriculum.
(C) Vocational programs.
(9) The percentage of grade 8 students enrolled in algebra I.
(10) The percentage of graduates who pursue higher education.
(11) School safety, including the number of students receiving suspension or expulsion for the possession of alcohol, drugs, or weapons.
(12) Financial information and various school cost factors, including the following:
(A) Expenditures per pupil.
(B) Average teacher salary.
(C) Remediation funding.
(13) Technology accessibility and use of technology in instruction.
(14) Interdistrict and intradistrict student mobility rates, if that information is available.
(15) The number and percentage of each of the following within the school corporation:
(A) Teachers who are certificated employees (as defined in IC 20-29-2-4).
(B) Teachers who teach the subject area for which the teacher
is certified and holds a license.
(C) Teachers with national board certification.
(16) The percentage of grade 3 students reading at grade 3 level.
(17) The number of students expelled, including the number participating in other recognized education programs during their expulsion.
(18) Chronic absenteeism, which includes the number of students who have been absent more than ten (10) days from school within a school year without being excused.
(19) Other indicators of performance as recommended by the education roundtable under IC 20-19-4.