I move that House Bill 1304 be amended to read as follows:
Page 1, between the enacting clause and line 1, begin a new
paragraph and insert:
"SECTION 1. IC 20-32-5-4, AS ADDED BY P.L.1-2005, SECTION 16, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2007]: Sec. 4. (a) The state board shall:
(1) authorize the development and implementation of the ISTEP program; and
(2) determine the date , which for school years beginning after June 30, 2008, must be during the first two (2) weeks that end in May of the school year, on which the statewide testing is administered in each school corporation.
(b) The state superintendent is responsible for the overall development, implementation, and monitoring of the ISTEP program.
(c) The department shall prepare detailed design specifications for the ISTEP program that must do the following:
(1) Take into account the academic standards adopted under IC 20-31-3.
(2) Include testing of students' higher level cognitive thinking in each subject area tested.
(3) Provide for a pilot test for reliability and validation to be given during the first two (2) weeks that end in May 2008 and for the following schedule concerning the administration, scoring, and reporting results, for school years beginning after June 30, 2008: