I move that House Bill 1357 be amended to read as follows:
Page 2, between lines 15 and 16, begin a new paragraph and
"SECTION 2. IC 9-21-8-12 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS: Sec. 12. (a) Except
when passing a slower vehicle,
entering or leaving a highway, or where a special hazard exists that
requires, for safety reasons, the use of an alternate lane, as provided
in subsection (b), a person may not operate a motor vehicle in the
left lane of an interstate highway except when:
(1) overtaking and passing a slower motor vehicle;
(2) entering or leaving a highway;
(3) a special hazard exists that for safety reasons that requires the use of an alternate lane;
(4) no other motor vehicle is directly behind the motor vehicle in the left lane;
(5) traffic conditions and congestion make it impractical to drive in another lane;
(6) being operated:
(A) through a toll collection facility to comply with IC 9-21-3.5-9; or
(B) in compliance with IC 9-21-8-35; or
(7) the motor vehicle is an authorized emergency vehicle being operated in response to an emergency.
(b) On an interstate highway consisting of at least (3) lanes in any one (1) direction , a person may not operate a truck, truck
tractor, road tractor, trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer
interstate highway in any lane except the far right lane , except when:
(1) entering or leaving a highway; or
(2) a special hazard exists that for safety reasons requires the use of an alternate lane.".
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to HB 1357 as printed February 16, 2007.)