SENATE BILL No. 317
DIGEST OF INTRODUCED BILL
Citations Affected: IC 16-18-2-160.5; IC 16-41-42; IC 25-1-7-1.
Synopsis: Health care services by out-of-state entities. Requires the
state department of health to issue registrations and maintain a registry
for out-of-state mobile health care entities. Requires out-of-state mobile
health care entities to register with the state department before doing
business in Indiana.
Effective: July 1, 2007.
January 11, 2007, read first time and referred to Committee on Health and Provider
First Regular Session 115th General Assembly (2007)
PRINTING CODE. Amendments: Whenever an existing statute (or a section of the Indiana
Constitution) is being amended, the text of the existing provision will appear in this style type,
additions will appear in this style type
, and deletions will appear in
this style type.
Additions: Whenever a new statutory provision is being enacted (or a new constitutional
provision adopted), the text of the new provision will appear in this style type
. Also, the
will appear in that style type in the introductory clause of each SECTION that adds
a new provision to the Indiana Code or the Indiana Constitution.
Conflict reconciliation: Text in a statute in this style type
this style type
between statutes enacted by the 2006 Regular Session of the General Assembly.
SENATE BILL No. 317
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Indiana:
SOURCE: IC 16-18-2-160.5; (07)IN0317.1.1. -->
SECTION 1. IC 16-18-2-160.5 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA
CODE AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2007]: Sec. 160.5. "Health care entity", for
purposes of IC 16-41-42, has the meaning set forth in
SOURCE: IC 16-41-42; (07)IN0317.1.2. -->
SECTION 2. IC 16-41-42 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE
AS A NEW CHAPTER TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2007]:
Chapter 42. Registration of Out-of-State Mobile Health Care
Sec. 1. As used in this chapter, "health care entity" means an
entity that is:
(1) registered or licensed as a health care entity under the
laws of another state, a foreign country, or a province in a
foreign country; and
(2) provides health care services, including the performance
of health care tests, in a mobile facility.
Sec. 2. The state department shall maintain a registry of health
care entities that apply for and meet the registration requirements
under this chapter.
Sec. 3. The registry must include the name of each registered
health care entity and the date that the health care entity
registered with the state department under this chapter.
Sec. 4. The state department shall issue a certificate of
registration to a health care entity that applies for registration and
meets the requirements of this chapter.
Sec. 5. A health care entity applying for registration under this
chapter shall disclose the following:
(1) The types of health care services that the health care entity
is going to provide in Indiana.
(2) The names of any employees who are currently in good
standing licensed, certified, or registered in a health care
(A) Indiana; or
(B) any other state;
and a copy of the employee's license, certification, or
(3) Any health care services that are to be provided under a
contract between the health care entity and a licensed,
certified, or registered Indiana health care person.
(4) The types of:
(A) health care services;
(B) health care tests; and
that the health care entity is going to perform or use.
Sec. 6. A registered health care entity shall display the entity's
certificate of registration in a conspicuous place in sight of a
consumer of the health care entity.
Sec. 7. A certificate of registration expires one (1) calendar year
after its issuance.
Sec. 8. A health care entity may not provide services in Indiana
until the health care entity is registered under this chapter with the
Sec. 9. Registration under this chapter does not exempt a health
care entity from the licensure, certification, and registration
requirements of IC 25.
Sec. 10. The state department shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2,
including rules specifying registration renewal procedures,
necessary to implement this chapter.
SOURCE: IC 25-1-7-1; (07)IN0317.1.3. -->
SECTION 3. IC 25-1-7-1 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2007]: Sec. 1. As used in this chapter:
"Board" means the appropriate agency listed in the definition of
regulated occupation in this section.
"Director" refers to the director of the division of consumer
"Division" refers to the division of consumer protection, office of
the attorney general.
"Licensee" means a person who is:
(1) licensed, certified, or registered by a board listed in this
(2) the subject of a complaint filed with the division.
"Person" means an individual, a partnership, a limited liability
company, or a corporation.
"Regulated occupation" means an occupation in which a person is
licensed, certified, or registered by one (1) of the following:
(1) Indiana board of accountancy (IC 25-2.1-2-1).
(2) Board of registration for architects and landscape architects
(3) Indiana auctioneer commission (IC 25-6.1-2-1).
(4) State board of barber examiners (IC 25-7-5-1).
(5) State boxing commission (IC 25-9-1).
(6) Board of chiropractic examiners (IC 25-10-1).
(7) State board of cosmetology examiners (IC 25-8-3-1).
(8) State board of dentistry (IC 25-14-1).
(9) State board of funeral and cemetery service (IC 25-15-9).
(10) State board of registration for professional engineers
(11) Indiana state board of health facility administrators
(12) Medical licensing board of Indiana (IC 25-22.5-2).
(13) Indiana state board of nursing (IC 25-23-1).
(14) Indiana optometry board (IC 25-24).
(15) Indiana board of pharmacy (IC 25-26).
(16) Indiana plumbing commission (IC 25-28.5-1-3).
(17) Board of podiatric medicine (IC 25-29-2-1).
(18) Board of environmental health specialists (IC 25-32-1).
(19) State psychology board (IC 25-33).
(20) Speech-language pathology and audiology board
(21) Indiana real estate commission (IC 25-34.1-2).
(22) Indiana board of veterinary medical examiners (IC 15-5-1.1).
(23) Department of natural resources for purposes of licensing
water well drillers under IC 25-39-3.
(24) Respiratory care committee (IC 25-34.5).
(25) Private detectives licensing board (IC 25-30-1-5.1).
(26) Occupational therapy committee (IC 25-23.5).
(27) Social worker, marriage and family therapist, and mental
health counselor board (IC 25-23.6).
(28) Real estate appraiser licensure and certification board
(29) State board of registration for land surveyors
(30) Physician assistant committee (IC 25-27.5).
(31) Indiana athletic trainers board (IC 25-5.1-2-1).
(32) Indiana dietitians certification board (IC 25-14.5-2-1).
(33) Indiana hypnotist committee (IC 25-20.5-1-7).
(34) Indiana physical therapy committee (IC 25-27).
(35) Manufactured home installer licensing board (IC 25-23.7).
(36) Home inspectors licensing board (IC 25-20.2-3-1).
(37) State department of health.
Any other occupational or professional agency created
after June 30, 1981.