HOUSE BILL No. 1350
DIGEST OF INTRODUCED BILL
Citations Affected: IC 9-18.
Synopsis: Gold Star Mother license plate. Provides that the bureau of
motor vehicles shall design and issue a license plate for mothers whose
children have died as a result of serving on active duty in the armed
forces of the United States or the National Guard.
Effective: July 1, 2007.
January 16, 2007, read first time and referred to Committee on Roads and Transportation.
First Regular Session 115th General Assembly (2007)
PRINTING CODE. Amendments: Whenever an existing statute (or a section of the Indiana
Constitution) is being amended, the text of the existing provision will appear in this style type,
additions will appear in this style type
, and deletions will appear in
this style type.
Additions: Whenever a new statutory provision is being enacted (or a new constitutional
provision adopted), the text of the new provision will appear in this style type
. Also, the
will appear in that style type in the introductory clause of each SECTION that adds
a new provision to the Indiana Code or the Indiana Constitution.
Conflict reconciliation: Text in a statute in this style type
this style type
between statutes enacted by the 2006 Regular Session of the General Assembly.
HOUSE BILL No. 1350
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Indiana:
SOURCE: IC 9-18-25-1; (07)IN1350.1.1. -->
SECTION 1. IC 9-18-25-1, AS AMENDED BY P.L.58-2006,
SECTION 3, AND AS AMENDED BY P.L.68-2006, SECTION 3, IS
CORRECTED AND AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2007]: Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to
(1) Antique motor vehicle license plates (IC 9-18-12).
(2) Recovery vehicle license plates (IC 9-18-13).
(3) Personalized license plates (IC 9-18-15).
(4) Prisoner of war license plates (IC 9-18-17).
(5) Disabled veteran license plates (IC 9-18-18).
(6) Purple Heart license plates (IC 9-18-19).
(7) Indiana National Guard license plates (IC 9-18-20).
(8) Person with a disability license plates (IC 9-18-22).
(9) Amateur radio operator license plates (IC 9-18-23).
(10) In God We Trust license plates (IC 9-18-24.5).
(10) (11) Pearl Harbor survivor license plates (IC 9-18-45.8).
(11) (12) Hoosier veteran license plates (IC 9-18-50).
(12) (13) Support our troops license plates (IC 9-18-51).
(14) Indiana Gold Star Mother license plates (IC 9-18-52).
SOURCE: IC 9-18-52; (07)IN1350.1.2. -->
SECTION 2. IC 9-18-52 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE AS
CHAPTER TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY
Chapter 52. Indiana Gold Star Mother License Plate
Sec. 1. As used in this chapter, "active duty" means full-time
(1) the armed forces of the United States; or
(2) the National Guard;
for a period that exceeds thirty (30) days in a calendar year.
Sec. 2. As used in this chapter, "armed forces of the United
States" means the active or reserve components of:
(1) the Army;
(2) the Navy;
(3) the Air Force;
(4) the Coast Guard;
(5) the Marine Corps; or
(6) the Merchant Marine.
Sec. 3. As used in this chapter, "Gold Star Mother" means:
(1) the biological mother;
(2) the adoptive mother; or
(3) if the biological mother is deceased, the stepmother;
of an individual who dies while serving on active duty or as a result
of injuries sustained while serving on active duty.
Sec. 4. As used in this chapter, "National Guard" means:
(1) the Indiana Army National Guard; or
(2) the Indiana Air National Guard.
Sec. 5. The bureau shall design and issue an Indiana Gold Star
Mother license plate.
Sec. 6. A person who is a Gold Star Mother and who is eligible
to register a vehicle under this title is eligible to receive at least one
(1) Indiana Gold Star Mother license plate upon completing an
application for an Indiana Gold Star Mother license plate.