HB 1457-1_ Filed 03/14/2007, 15:16
The Senate Committee on Health and Provider Services, to which was referred House Bill
No. 1457, has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the
Senate with the recommendation that said bill be AMENDED as follows:
Delete the title and insert the following:
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning
SOURCE: Page 1, line 1; (07)CR145701.1. -->
Page 1, delete lines 1 through 2, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 16-18-2-160.5; (07)CR145701.1. -->
"SECTION 1. IC 16-18-2-160.5 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA
CODE AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2007]: Sec. 160.5. "Health care entity", for
purposes of IC 16-41-42, has the meaning set forth in
SOURCE: IC 16-38-4-19; (07)CR145701.2. -->
SECTION 2. IC 16-38-4-19 IS AMENDED TO READ AS
FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE]: Sec. 19.
(a) During the
year 2006, a committee of the general assembly shall review the need
to continue the registry. The committee shall submit its
recommendations in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6 to the
general assembly before December 31, 2006.
(b) The registry is abolished July 1, 2007. 2017.
SOURCE: IC 16-41-42; (07)CR145701.3. -->
SECTION 3. IC 16-41-42 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE
AS A NEW
CHAPTER TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2007]:
Chapter 42. Registration of Out-of-State Mobile Health Care
Sec. 1. As used in this chapter, "health care entity" means an
(1) is registered or licensed as a health care entity under the
laws of another state, a foreign country, or a province in a
foreign country; and
(2) provides health care services, including the performance
of health care tests, in a mobile facility or temporary location
for a short period of time.
Sec. 2. The state department shall maintain a registry of health
care entities that apply for and meet the registration requirements
under this chapter.
Sec. 3. The registry must include the name of each registered
health care entity and the date that the health care entity
registered with the state department under this chapter.
Sec. 4. The state department shall issue a certificate of
registration to a health care entity that applies for registration and
meets the requirements of this chapter.
Sec. 5. A health care entity applying for registration under this
chapter shall disclose the following:
(1) The types of health care services that the health care entity
is going to provide in Indiana.
(2) The names of any employees who are currently in good
standing licensed, certified, or registered in a health care
(A) Indiana; or
(B) any other state;
and a copy of the employee's license, certification, or
(3) Any health care services that are to be provided under a
contract between the health care entity and a person that is
licensed, certified, or registered in Indiana to provide health
(4) The types of:
(A) health care services;
(B) health care tests; and
that the health care entity is going to perform or use.
(5) The manner in which the test results and
recommendations for health care based on the results are
disclosed to the patient.
Sec. 6. A registered health care entity shall display the entity's
certificate of registration in a conspicuous place in sight of a
consumer of the health care entity.
Sec. 7. A certificate of registration expires one (1) calendar year
after its issuance.
Sec. 8. A health care entity may not provide services in Indiana
until the health care entity is registered under this chapter with the
Sec. 9. Registration under this chapter does not exempt a health
care entity from the licensure, certification, and registration
requirements of IC 25.
Sec. 10. The state department shall adopt under IC 4-22-2 rules
necessary to implement this chapter, including rules specifying
registration renewal procedures.
SOURCE: IC 25-1-7-1; (07)CR145701.4. -->
SECTION 4. IC 25-1-7-1 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2007]: Sec. 1. As used in this chapter:
"Board" means the appropriate agency listed in the definition of
regulated occupation in this section.
"Director" refers to the director of the division of consumer
"Division" refers to the division of consumer protection, office of
the attorney general.
"Licensee" means a person who is:
(1) licensed, certified, or registered by a board listed in this
(2) the subject of a complaint filed with the division.
"Person" means an individual, a partnership, a limited liability
company, or a corporation.
"Regulated occupation" means an occupation in which a person is
licensed, certified, or registered by one (1) of the following:
(1) Indiana board of accountancy (IC 25-2.1-2-1).
(2) Board of registration for architects and landscape architects
(3) Indiana auctioneer commission (IC 25-6.1-2-1).
(4) State board of barber examiners (IC 25-7-5-1).
(5) State boxing commission (IC 25-9-1).
(6) Board of chiropractic examiners (IC 25-10-1).
(7) State board of cosmetology examiners (IC 25-8-3-1).
(8) State board of dentistry (IC 25-14-1).
(9) State board of funeral and cemetery service (IC 25-15-9).
(10) State board of registration for professional engineers
(11) Indiana state board of health facility administrators
(12) Medical licensing board of Indiana (IC 25-22.5-2).
(13) Indiana state board of nursing (IC 25-23-1).
(14) Indiana optometry board (IC 25-24).
(15) Indiana board of pharmacy (IC 25-26).
(16) Indiana plumbing commission (IC 25-28.5-1-3).
(17) Board of podiatric medicine (IC 25-29-2-1).
(18) Board of environmental health specialists (IC 25-32-1).
(19) State psychology board (IC 25-33).
(20) Speech-language pathology and audiology board
(21) Indiana real estate commission (IC 25-34.1-2).
(22) Indiana board of veterinary medical examiners (IC 15-5-1.1).
(23) Department of natural resources for purposes of licensing
water well drillers under IC 25-39-3.
(24) Respiratory care committee (IC 25-34.5).
(25) Private detectives licensing board (IC 25-30-1-5.1).
(26) Occupational therapy committee (IC 25-23.5).
(27) Social worker, marriage and family therapist, and mental
health counselor board (IC 25-23.6).
(28) Real estate appraiser licensure and certification board
(29) State board of registration for land surveyors
(30) Physician assistant committee (IC 25-27.5).
(31) Indiana athletic trainers board (IC 25-5.1-2-1).
(32) Indiana dietitians certification board (IC 25-14.5-2-1).
(33) Indiana hypnotist committee (IC 25-20.5-1-7).
(34) Indiana physical therapy committee (IC 25-27).
(35) Manufactured home installer licensing board (IC 25-23.7).
(36) Home inspectors licensing board (IC 25-20.2-3-1).
(37) State department of health.
(37) (38) Any other occupational or professional agency created
after June 30, 1981.".
SOURCE: Page 2, line 22; (07)CR145701.2. -->
Page 2, between lines 22 and 23, begin a new line block indented
" (14) An advanced practice nurse who has a collaborative
agreement with a physician who specializes in addiction
treatment for pregnant women or the care of pregnant
Page 2, line 26, delete "and".
Page 2, line 27, after "(13)" insert " , and (14)".
Page 3, after line 15, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: ; (07)CR145701.6. -->
"SECTION 6. An emergency is declared for this act.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to HB 1457 as printed February 9, 2007.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass.
Committee Vote: Yeas 10, Nays 0.
CR145701/DI 71 2007