SB 22-1_ Filed 02/26/2008, 07:22 Thompson
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that Engrossed Senate Bill 22 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 1, line 1; (08)MO002201.1. -->
Page 1, between the enacting clause and line 1, begin a new
paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 20-28-5-3; (08)MO002201.1. -->
"SECTION 1. IC 20-28-5-3, AS AMENDED BY P.L.166-2007,
SECTION 1, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2008]: Sec. 3. (a) The department shall designate:
(1) the grade point average required for each type of license; and
(2) the types of licenses to which the teachers' minimum salary
laws apply, including nonrenewable one (1) year limited licenses.
(b) The department shall determine details of licensing not provided
in this chapter, including requirements regarding the following:
(1) The conversion of one (1) type of license into another.
(2) The accreditation of teacher education schools and
(3) The exchange and renewal of licenses.
(4) The endorsement of another state's license.
(5) The acceptance of credentials from teacher education
institutions of another state.
(6) The academic and professional preparation for each type of
(7) The granting of permission to teach a high school subject area
related to the subject area for which the teacher holds a license.
(8) The issuance of licenses on credentials.
(9) The type of license required for each school position.
(10) The size requirements for an elementary school requiring a
(11) Any other related matters.
The department shall establish at least one (1) system for renewing a
teaching license that does not require a graduate degree.
(c) This subsection does not apply to an applicant for a
substitute teacher license. After June 30, 2007, the department may
not issue an initial teaching license at any grade level to an applicant
for an initial teaching license unless the applicant shows evidence that
(1) has successfully completed training approved by the
(A) cardiopulmonary resuscitation that includes a test
demonstration on a mannequin;
(B) removing a foreign body causing an obstruction in an
(C) the Heimlich maneuver;
(2) holds a valid certification in each of the procedures described
in subdivision (1) issued by:
(A) the American Red Cross;
(B) the American Heart Association; or
(C) a comparable organization or institution approved by the
advisory board; or
(3) has physical limitations that make it impracticable for the
applicant to complete a course or certification described in
subdivision (1) or (2).
(d) The department shall periodically publish bulletins regarding:
(1) the details described in subsection (b);
(2) information on the types of licenses issued;
(3) the rules governing the issuance of each type of license; and
(4) other similar matters.".
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to ESB 22 as printed February 22, 2008.)
MO002201/DI 71 2008