Your Committee on Roads and Transportation , to which was referred House Bill 1112 , has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the House with the recommendation that said bill be amended as follows:
Delete the title and insert the following:
A BILL FOR AN ACT concerning motor vehicles.
Delete everything after the enacting clause and insert the following:
(2) requirements for practice driving before a probationary driver's license can be issued;
(3) the use of handheld devices by probationary drivers;
(4) conditions to which the probationary driver is subject while driving;
(5) whether a penalty should be given to a minor who accompanies a probationary driver without an accompanying adult driver of a certain age; and
(6) the adoption of rules concerning driver education instruction.
(d) The committee shall operate under the policies governing study committees adopted by the legislative council.
(e) The affirmative votes of a majority of the voting members appointed to the committee are required for the committee to take action on any measure, including final reports.
(f) This SECTION expires December 1, 2008.
(Reference is to HB 1112 as introduced.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass.