HB 1172-3_ Filed 02/25/2008, 10:45 Miller
that Engrossed House Bill 1172 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 22, line 18; (08)MO117204.22. -->
Page 22, between lines 18 and 19, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 24-4-15-5; (08)MO117204.14. -->
"SECTION 14. IC 24-4-15-5, AS ADDED BY P.L.129-2007,
SECTION 2, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2008]: Sec. 5. An owner or operator of a health club shall do
(1) Ensure that a defibrillator is:
located on the health club premises and
to the health club staff, members, and guests; or
(i) the health club is located on the premises of a business
of which the health club is a part; and
(ii) the business has an emergency response team;
located on the premises of the business and easily
accessible to the emergency response team.
(2) Employ at least one (1) individual who:
(A) has satisfactorily completed a course
approved by the
American Red Cross or the American Heart Association
consistent with the most current national guidelines for;
(B) is currently certified in;
cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillator use.
(3) Reasonably ensure that at least one (1) individual described
subdivision (2) is on the health club premises when staff
is present at the health club during the health club's business
(4) A health club that is not staffed must have the following on
(A) A telephone for 911 telephone call access.
(B) A sign in plain view containing an advisory warning that
indicates that members of the unstaffed health
be aware that working out alone may pose risks to
spa club member's health and safety.
(C) A sign in plain view providing instruction in the use of the
automated external defibrillator and in cardiopulmonary
(5) Ensure compliance with the requirements set forth in
(6) Post a sign at each entrance to the health club that indicates
the location of each defibrillator.
SOURCE: IC 24-4-15-7; (08)MO117204.15. -->
SECTION 15. IC 24-4-15-7, AS ADDED BY P.L.129-2007,
SECTION 2, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2008]: Sec. 7.
(1) state department and the division of fire and building safety
may inspect a health club at any time:
(1) (A) according to rules adopted by the state department; or
(2) (B) in response to a filed complaint alleging
noncompliance with this chapter; and
(2) fire department that serves the area in which a health club
is located shall inspect the health club for compliance with
this chapter if the health club is inspected as part of an
inspection program under IC 36-8-17-8.
(b) A fire department may inspect a health club for compliance with
this chapter as part of an inspection program under IC 36-8-17-8.
SOURCE: IC 25-1-7-1; (08)MO117204.16. -->
SECTION 16. IC 25-1-7-1, AS AMENDED BY P.L.185-2007,
SECTION 4, AS AMENDED BY P.L.193-2007, SECTION 4, AND
AS AMENDED BY P.L.200-2007, SECTION 5, IS AMENDED TO
READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2008]: Sec. 1. As used
in this chapter:
"Board" means the appropriate agency listed in the definition of
regulated occupation in this section.
"Director" refers to the director of the division of consumer
"Division" refers to the division of consumer protection, office of
the attorney general.
"Licensee" means a person who is:
(1) licensed, certified, or registered by a board listed in this
(2) the subject of a complaint filed with the division.
"Person" means an individual, a partnership, a limited liability
company, or a corporation.
"Regulated occupation" means an occupation in which a person is
licensed, certified, or registered by one (1) of the following:
(1) Indiana board of accountancy (IC 25-2.1-2-1).
(2) Board of registration for architects and landscape architects
and registered interior designers (IC 25-4-1-2).
(3) Indiana auctioneer commission (IC 25-6.1-2-1).
(4) State board of barber examiners (IC 25-7-5-1).
(5) State boxing commission (IC 25-9-1).
(6) Board of chiropractic examiners (IC 25-10-1).
(7) State board of cosmetology examiners (IC 25-8-3-1).
(8) State board of dentistry (IC 25-14-1).
(9) State board of funeral and cemetery service (IC 25-15-9).
(10) State board of registration for professional engineers
(11) Indiana state board of health facility administrators
(12) Medical licensing board of Indiana (IC 25-22.5-2).
(13) Indiana state board of nursing (IC 25-23-1).
(14) Indiana optometry board (IC 25-24).
(15) Indiana board of pharmacy (IC 25-26).
(16) Indiana plumbing commission (IC 25-28.5-1-3).
(17) Board of podiatric medicine (IC 25-29-2-1).
(18) Board of environmental health specialists (IC 25-32-1).
(19) State psychology board (IC 25-33).
(20) Speech-language pathology and audiology board
(21) Indiana real estate commission (IC 25-34.1-2).
(22) Indiana board of veterinary medical examiners (IC 15-5-1.1).
(23) Department of natural resources for purposes of licensing
water well drillers under IC 25-39-3.
(24) Respiratory care committee (IC 25-34.5).
detectives investigator and security guard licensing
board (IC 25-30-1-5.1). (IC 25-30-1-5.2).
(26) Occupational therapy committee (IC 25-23.5).
(27) Social worker, marriage and family therapist, and mental
health counselor board (IC 25-23.6).
(28) Real estate appraiser licensure and certification board
(29) State board of registration for land surveyors
(30) Physician assistant committee (IC 25-27.5).
(31) Indiana athletic trainers board (IC 25-5.1-2-1).
(32) Indiana dietitians certification board (IC 25-14.5-2-1).
(33) Indiana hypnotist committee (IC 25-20.5-1-7).
(34) Indiana physical therapy committee (IC 25-27).
(35) Manufactured home installer licensing board (IC 25-23.7).
(36) Home inspectors licensing board (IC 25-20.2-3-1).
(37) State department of health, for out-of-state mobile health
(37) (38) State board of massage therapy (IC 25-21.8-2-1).
(37) (38) (39) Any other occupational or professional agency
created after June 30, 1981.".
SOURCE: Page 56, line 21; (08)MO117204.56. -->
Page 56, between lines 21 and 22, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: ; (08)MO117204.55. -->
"SECTION 55. [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2008] (a) As used in this
SECTION, "commission" refers to the health finance commission
established by IC 2-5-23-3.
(b) During the 2008 interim, the commission shall:
(1) study domestic violence programs administered by the
(2) determine the most appropriate state agency to administer
domestic violence programs.
(c) This SECTION expires December 31, 2008.".
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to EHB 1172 as printed February 22, 2008.)