HB 1159-1_ Filed 02/14/2008, 12:09
The Senate Committee on Utilities and Regulatory Affairs, to which was referred House Bill No. 1159,
has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the Senate with the
recommendation that said bill be AMENDED as follows:
Delete the title and insert the following:
A BILL FOR AN ACT concerning utilities.
Delete everything after the enacting clause and insert the following:
SOURCE: ; (08)AM115902.1. -->
SECTION 1. [EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE] (a) The definitions
in IC 8-1-19.5 apply throughout this SECTION.
(b) As used in this SECTION, "committee" refers to the
regulatory flexibility committee established by IC 8-1-2.6-4.
(c) As used in this SECTION, "information and referral
services" includes the following:
(1) Toll free information and referral telephone lines.
(2) Human services data bases.
(3) Human services resource directories.
(d) Not later than November 1, 2008, the committee shall study
(1) The availability and scope of human service information
and referral services in Indiana.
(2) Methods to:
(A) enhance the use and delivery of; and
(B) ensure the adequate funding of;
information and referral services in Indiana, including
statewide 211 services.
(3) Methods to promote increased collaboration between and
(A) human services providers; and
(B) information and referral service providers;
(e) In conducting the study required under subsection (d), the
committee may consult with:
(1) the Indiana utility regulatory commission created by
(2) any state agency or department that provides human
(3) any nonprofit organization that provides human services;
(4) a recognized 211 service provider; or
(5) any other person that the committee determines will assist
the committee in studying the issues set forth in subsection
(f) The committee shall prepare a report on the committee's
recommendations, if any, concerning the issues set forth in
subsection (d) and shall submit the report to the legislative council
in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6 not later than December
(g) This SECTION expires January 1, 2009.
SOURCE: ; (08)AM115902.2. -->
SECTION 2. An emergency is declared for this act.
(Reference is to HB 1159 as printed January 25, 2008.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass .
Committee Vote: Yeas 9, Nays 0.
Senator Hershman, Chairperson
AM 115902/DI 101 2008