_______________________, read first time and referred to Committee on
I offer the following resolution and move its adoption:
A SENATE RESOLUTION urging the legislative council to assign
the topic of certain issues concerning the prosecuting attorneys
retirement fund to the Pension Management Oversight Commission.
Whereas, Prosecuting attorneys are a vital part of
Indiana's criminal justice system: Therefore,
SECTION 1. That the legislative council is urged to assign the topic of certain issues concerning the prosecuting attorneys retirement fund to the Pension Management Oversight Commission.
SECTION 2. That the committee shall include in its study the following topics:
(1) Whether the definition of "salary", for purposes of computing a retirement benefit, should include the total salary paid by the state and by a county or counties to a participant in the prosecuting attorneys retirement fund (fund).
(2) Whether the participant contribution rate should be increased from 6% to 8.2% of salary.
(3) Whether contributions to the fund should be eliminated for a participant with at least 22 years of service.
(4) Whether the reduction factor for a retirement benefit computed for a participant who retires before 65 years of age should be reduced from 0.25% to 0.10% per month.
(5) Whether the retirement benefit should be prorated for partial years of service.
(6) Whether the disability benefit should be changed by:
(A) eliminating the minimum service required to receive a
(B) redefining "disability"; and
(C) increasing the salary percentages used to compute a disability benefit to equal the percentages used by the judges' retirement system for the same years of service.
(7) Whether the minimum annual survivor benefit should be increased from $7,000 to $12,000.