PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that Engrossed Senate Bill 86 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 7, line 6; (09)MO008609.7. -->
Page 7, delete lines 6 through 42.
Delete pages 8 through 17.
Page 18, delete line 1.
Page 21, between lines 17 and 18, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 25-22.5-2-7; (09)MO008609.8. -->
"SECTION 8. IC 25-22.5-2-7, AS AMENDED BY P.L.225-2007,
SECTION 3, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2009]: Sec. 7. (a) The board shall do the following:
(1) Adopt rules and forms necessary to implement this article that
concern, but are not limited to, the following areas:
(A) Qualification by education, residence, citizenship,
training, and character for admission to an examination for
licensure or by endorsement for licensure.
(B) The examination for licensure.
(C) The license or permit.
(D) Fees for examination, permit, licensure, and registration.
(E) Reinstatement of licenses and permits.
(F) Payment of costs in disciplinary proceedings conducted by
(2) Administer oaths in matters relating to the discharge of its
(3) Enforce this article and assign to the personnel of the agency
duties as may be necessary in the discharge of the board's duty.
(4) Maintain, through the agency, full and complete records of all
applicants for licensure or permit and of all licenses and permits
(5) Make available, upon request, the complete schedule of
minimum requirements for licensure or permit.
(6) Issue, at the board's discretion, a temporary permit to an
applicant for the interim from the date of application until the
next regular meeting of the board.
(7) Issue an unlimited license, a limited license, or a temporary
medical permit, depending upon the qualifications of the
applicant, to any applicant who successfully fulfills all of the
requirements of this article.
(8) Adopt rules establishing standards for the competent practice
of medicine, osteopathic medicine, or any other form of practice
regulated by a limited license or permit issued under this article.
(9) Adopt rules regarding the appropriate prescribing of Schedule
III or Schedule IV controlled substances for the purpose of weight
reduction or to control obesity.
(10) Adopt rules establishing standards for office based
procedures that require moderate sedation, deep sedation, or
(b) The board may adopt rules that establish:
(1) certification requirements for child death pathologists;
(2) an annual training program for child death pathologists under
IC 16-35-7-3(b)(2); and
(3) a process to certify a qualified child death pathologist.
(c) The board:
(1) shall license certified direct entry midwives in accordance
with IC 25-23.4; and
(2) may adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to implement this
subsection and IC 25-23.4.".
SOURCE: Page 22, line 29; (09)MO008609.22. -->
Page 22, line 29, delete "midwifery board established by" and insert
" medical licensing board created by IC 25-22.5-2-1.
Page 22, delete line 30.
Page 23, line 21, delete "Midwifery Board" and insert " Licensure
by Medical Licensing Board
Page 23, delete lines 22 through 42.
Page 24, delete lines 1 through 17.
Page 24, line 18, delete "6.(a)" and insert " 1.
Page 24, line 38, delete "(b)" and insert " Sec. 2.
Page 24, delete line 42.
Page 25, delete line 1.
Page 32, delete lines 22 through 41.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to ESB 86 as printed April 10, 2009.)
MO008609/DI 97 2009