by the speaker of the house of representatives.
(3) The attorney general or the attorney general's designee.
(4) The commissioner of the department of correction or the commissioner's designee.
(5) The executive director of the prosecuting attorneys council of Indiana or the executive director's designee.
(6) The executive director of the public defender council of Indiana or the executive director's designee.
(7) One (1) judge who exercises juvenile jurisdiction, to be appointed by the governor.
(8) Two (2) judges who exercise criminal jurisdiction, who may not be affiliated with the same political party, to be appointed by the governor.
(9) Two (2) prosecuting attorneys, who may not be from the same political party, to be appointed by the governor.
(10) Two (2) attorneys who are criminal defense attorneys, to be appointed by the governor.
(11) Two (2) professors employed by a law school in Indiana whose expertise includes criminal law, to be appointed by the governor.
(f) The chairman of the legislative council shall appoint a legislative member of the commission to serve as chair of the commission. Whenever there is a new chairman of the legislative council, the new chairman may remove the chair of the commission and appoint another chair.
(g) If a legislative member of the commission ceases to be a member of the chamber from which the member was appointed, the member also ceases to be a member of the commission.
(h) A legislative member of the commission may be removed at any time by the appointing authority who appointed the legislative member.
(i) If a vacancy exists on the commission, the appointing authority who appointed the former member whose position is vacant shall appoint an individual to fill the vacancy.
(j) The commission shall submit a final report of the results of its study to the legislative council before November 1, 2011. The report must be in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6.
(k) The Indiana criminal justice institute shall provide staff support to the commission to prepare:
(1) minutes of each meeting; and
(2) the final report.
(l) The legislative services agency shall provide staff support to the commission to:
(1) advise the commission on legal matters, criminal procedures, and legal research; and
(2) draft potential legislation.
(m) Each member of the commission is entitled to receive the
same per diem, mileage, and travel allowances paid to individuals
who serve as legislative and lay members, respectively, of interim
study committees established by the legislative council.
(n) The affirmative votes of a majority of the voting members appointed to the commission are required for the commission to take action on any measure, including the final report.
(o) Except as otherwise specifically provided by this act, the commission shall operate under the rules of the legislative council. All funds necessary to carry out this act shall be paid from appropriations to the legislative council and the legislative services agency.
(p) This SECTION expires December 31, 2011.